Breitscheid Airshow 2015

AIRJUNEAU

Very nice, Ryan! That's one of the great things I enjoy about FSX as well, being able to recreate images or flying events from life.

With regard to the RAF shark mouth P-51D (G-SHWN) you photographed, that same paint scheme is covered in the 'official' repaint pack for the A2A Mustang, available here: http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=29843&hilit=paintkit

Although intended for the military version (and obviously much more weathered than the restored aircraft, as it is meant to represent the original wartime example), if you know you're way around managing texture/repaint files, it can be very easily installed into the civilian Mustang, as I have done (shown below). The most important part for this one, is that you have to make sure that it still has the correct bump map, as the carb filter panels are unique (British) on this one. The nose color was interpreted differently, however, from the restored example.

- John

RAF_Mustang.jpg

Great comparisons!!!

With regard to the RAF shark mouth P-51D (G-SHWN) you photographed, that same paint scheme is covered in the 'official' repaint pack for the A2A Mustang, available here: http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=29843&hilit=paintkit

Although intended for the military version (and obviously much more weathered than the restored aircraft, as it is meant to represent the original wartime example), if you know you're way around managing texture/repaint files, it can be very easily installed into the civilian Mustang, as I have done (shown below). The most important part for this one, is that you have to make sure that it still has the correct bump map, as the carb filter panels are unique (British) on this one. The nose color was interpreted differently, however, from the restored example.

Thanks for that, John - I may give that a whirl as well!

Adam.

Archived