The new 'FAT' Global...

Orbx Flyer

I can only speak for my now held opinion, but since having spent the best 20 bucks I have ever spent to date on ORBX offerings....having Global directed in Canada by OpenLC Canada/Alaska....well...all of Canada (haven't really much gotten to Alaska yet...) in my personal opinion, has become ***FAT***, and lush indeed.   

The Saratoga is over a part of Nova Scotia, near Halifax, and the C377 SkyMaster is in northern Ontario.

They need to put this ground texture for forested and scrub areas into their dedicated FAT regions.  It is that believable!

Anyway...two pictures are worth a thousand words..., and oh..again, the best 20 bucks to date!  :D

FSX/DX10 Steve's Fixer-upper....

fatglobal1.png

fatgloabl2.png

Almost looks like a full fat region, don't it...

Yeah, it's amazing. I cannot wait for the full OpenLC NA to come out, I'm sure it will be the best we've ever seen the US look in a flight sim to date (outside of the full regions we already have, that is)

Here, I am just about heading out over Lake Superior, on the north shore, bound for Toronto City Centre.  The best way for me to express what OpenLC NA Canada/Alaska does...is to put things where they should be...and remove what should NOT be...the end result; total plausibility: Now, a pleasure to do cross (multi-hour) country sojourns! 

Pic is at 5,500 ft ASL

fatglobal3.png

Yeah, it's amazing. I cannot wait for the full OpenLC NA to come out, I'm sure it will be the best we've ever seen the US look in a flight sim to date (outside of the full regions we already have, that is)

I totally agree!

Almost looks like a full fat region, don't it...

Sure does...sure does...

Here, I am just about heading out over Lake Superior, on the north shore, bound for Toronto City Centre.  The best way for me to express what OpenLC NA Canada/Alaska does...is to put things where they should be...and remove what should NOT be...the end result; total plausibility: Now, a pleasure to do cross (multi-hour) country sojourns!  Pic is at 5,500 ft ASL fatglobal3.pngI totally agree!Sure does...sure does...

Nice pic.

Are you using Vector as well?

I can only speak for my now held opinion, but since having spent the best 20 bucks I have ever spent to date on ORBX offerings....having Global directed in Canada by OpenLC Canada/Alaska....well...all of Canada (haven't really much gotten to Alaska yet...) in my personal opinion, has become ***FAT***, and lush indeed.   

The Saratoga is over a part of Nova Scotia, near Halifax, and the C377 SkyMaster is in northern Ontario.

They need to put this ground texture for forested and scrub areas into their dedicated FAT regions.  It is that believable!

Anyway...two pictures are worth a thousand words..., and oh..again, the best 20 bucks to date!  :D

FSX/DX10 Steve's Fixer-upper....

fatglobal1.png

fatgloabl2.png

I got the same views around Halifax and up into New Brunswick yesterday as you, PNW.   Not the usual you get with Global, although Global isn't hard on the eyes.  This is an up-to-date revision of the old standby.  Excellent stuff.

Stew

I got the same views around Halifax and up into New Brunswick yesterday as you, PNW.   Not the usual you get with Global, although Global isn't hard on the eyes.  This is an up-to-date revision of the old standby.  Excellent stuff.

Stew

Sure is, Stew!  I think I will run out of hard drive, before ORBX runs out of 'the next greatest'....and I am very much alright with that scenario....

Archived