Altamont Pass Wind Farm (NA Northern California)

cypher270

Hello All,

I have had NA Gold North California installed for a while now and I have only really explored the bay area and very north into PNW.

After being on holiday and driving through the Altamont Pass I decided to fly it in FSX but I can't see the turbines.
I have gone through various different autogen settings inc the recommended ones but I cant see them.

2015-8-27_20-55-28-589.png

I know i'm in the right area from Google Earth, the main road is just off to the left.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Regards,

Al

Hello All,

I have had NA Gold North California installed for a while now and I have only really explored the bay area and very north into PNW.

After being on holiday and driving through the Altamont Pass I decided to fly it in FSX but I can't see the turbines.

I have gone through various different autogen settings inc the recommended ones but I cant see them.

2015-8-27_20-55-28-589.png

I know i'm in the right area from Google Earth, the main road is just off to the left.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Regards,

Al

Hello,

Do you have the last "library objects" installed?

Hi Filou,

Now you mention it no I don't...
The reason being that every time I install the latest libs, it messes with the grass at default FTX airfields. Even with the DX 10 fixer installed.
http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/99718-ftx-grass-issues/

I'd like to avoid installing the whole sim again if the grass gets messed up. 

Al

Hi there,

also, check the NCA SP1 user guide ("FTX NA GOLD NCA SP1 User Guide.pdf", in \ORBX\User Documents); perhaps you've chosen to deactivate the windfarm placement files?

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger,

I can't find the PDF, must have deleted it at some point as I have all the PNW ones etc.

How do you activate the windfarm placement files?

Will a re install of the patch do the job?

Al

Edit:

I found the PDF, checked the file names as advised and all should be active (none changed to .off)

Autogen / complexity both max.

Archived