quebec city and new NA LC

shermank

I was doing a test flight this morning around Quebec City and could not find either the Sherry Frontenac Hotel (a major landmark above the old city) and the Montmorency Falls, along the  St. Lawrence River East of Quebec City. I hope someon who knows the region well can do a flyaround and verify that both are missing. If not, then something is obviously wrong in my setup....thanks...

btw, sorry no picture, I am at work

Sherm

I agree with you that there is really nothing about the oldest city in North America before or after OLC. For now, some free files are available via sites like flightsim or maybe avsim. Have a look at my new posting as I am reporting some small issues with OLC and you will be able to see some images of the Château Frontenac and around.

François

Hi guys,

custom models of urban landmarks are not part of the openLC product series; those are the part of the feature set of FTX Regions or local airport/cityscape add-ons.

Also, please be aware that the openLC series is "only" responsible for the placement of landclass ground textures and autogen; it does not alter shorelines, roads, bridges, etc., or the placement of airports. If in doubt please have another look at our detailed guide as to which product series provides what elements: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/74345-the-definitive-guide-to-ftx-products-the-go-to-source-of-ftx-information/

Cheers, Holger

Archived