Cyprus

dominique

Here is a couple of pics at the request of Robkr1208 who wanted to see how the Global textures for Cyprus looked. I took off from Fafos up to Mt Olympus, Nicosia, the Eastern Peninsula and  back to a landind in Larnaka. Never been to Cyrpus so I let him and Mikee say their piece on how it reflects the real landscape but I find it quite convincing

2015-8-21_19-0-44-912.jpg

2015-8-21_19-4-18-676.jpg

2015-8-21_19-5-51-825.jpg

2015-8-21_19-8-47-565.jpg

2015-8-21_19-11-0-178.jpg

2015-8-21_19-17-33-809.jpg

2015-8-21_19-21-21-802.jpg

2015-8-21_19-36-15-4.jpg

2015-8-21_19-36-36-131.jpg

2015-8-21_19-50-12-11.jpg

2015-8-21_20-7-28-641.jpg

Hello Dominigue and thank you very much for posting these Wonderful shots from Cyprus !!! ::)

ORBX has done a Great job and with FTX Global , Vector and Open LC Europe...Cyprus Looks Amazing ! Eventhough some POI's are missing plus an abandoned airport nesr Nicosia ( Old Nicosia Intl Airport ) , the Island is much much better than before !

Your Shots and Plane are Wonderful , well done ::)

Thanks all and specially to Mikee and Rob for their feedback on real Cyprus (including the real pics !)..

Good to know that Cyprus is indeed well rendered in OpenLC . That was the feeling I had after a look in GE.  Seeing the Kyrenia massif getting progressively out of the haze was lovely during the flight.  The approach to Lanarca from the NE  was nice too. I suppose that, in real life, it is a nightmare to obtain the authorization to fly this way , if even possible...

Thanks all and specially to Mikee and Rob for their feedback on real Cyprus (including the real pics !)..

Good to know that Cyprus is indeed well rendered in OpenLC . That was the feeling I had after a look in GE.  Seeing the Kyrenia massif getting progressively out of the haze was lovely during the flight.  The approach to Lanarca from the NE  was nice too. I suppose that, in real life, it is a nightmare to obtain the authorization to fly this way , if even possible...

Hello Dominigue ! Thanks again for posting some Shots from my Country !  Just to let you know , the North part of Cyprus is Occupied by Turkey Since 1974 >:(  So coming from the North East is definitely Prohibited !!! ( I was an Air Traffic Controller at Larnaca Aiport for 6 years and believe me there is no way you can fly All Around Cyprus and make an Approach from the NE . ( I wish we could :-[ )  What you can do is fly from Pafos to Nicosia and then fly direct to Larnaca , just make sure you fly West of the Highway , or they might shoot you down 8)

Mike .

I thought so, that my flight was impossible in RL. I suppose there are corridors though for special flights (UN, etc.) or is it an iron curtain ? 

BTW, I've just finished the loop with a nice dusk flight from Lanarca  to Fafos via Akrotiri AB (with an Herk taking off under me :)).

Any good pay/freeware for Cyprus ?

I thought so, that my flight was impossible in RL. I suppose there are corridors though for special flights (UN, etc.) or is it an iron curtain ? 

BTW, I've just finished the loop with a nice dusk flight from Lanarca  to Fafos via Akrotiri AB (with an Herk taking off under me :)).

Any good pay/freeware for Cyprus ?

Yes , there are corridors along the so called Green Line (Buffer zone)...Only UN helis can fly !

You can get the Freeware PAPHOS INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT - VERSION 2.00 from AVSIM for FSX ( Prepared3DV2.5 Compatible)...And also Aerosoft's Larnaca X for fsx but I managed to Install it into my P3dV2.5 without any problems ! (If you are a Prepared3D User ).

Mike .

Archived