OpenLC NA... Hybrid Mode at the border...

Hi all...

Only one for now (working on more), but here is an example of what you can expect to find at the borders between full FTX regions (in this case PFJ) and the Full FTX Global experience; FTX Global Base, Vector, OpenLC and FSGlobal 2010 Mesh.

Of course the way to do this is to use Hybrid Mode with FTX Central set to Global... So that's what I have set for this example.

the first shot shows the scene with reference to Google Earth and showing the borders between the two areas. The second shot is the same screen capture, but no borders show so you can see the complete seamless transition without any clutter ;)

c0c8cb20ac1eccfee2f92245e7a32a44.jpg

ad93e5f73e01d5645638b0a365fde8a2.jpg

Thank You for fulfulling my request.

This is unreal shots.  I can't even tell the difference.  Excellent Blending of the regions

Can't wait to buy PFJ, SAK and openlc Canada edition all on day of release:-)

Well for PFJ and SAK tou're already late as they've been out for quite some time :lol:

Thank You for fulfulling my request.

This is unreal shots. I can't even tell the difference. Excellent Blending of the regions

Can't wait to buy PFJ, SAK and openlc Canada edition all on day of release:-)

Don't forget the Northern Rocky Mountain (NRM) full region too... that extends into the Canadian coverage also :)

Thanks guys.

Yep, I do own PNW-CRM-NRM-NCA - just was waiting for openLC to be released to buy the other 2 regions.  I am still wondering why SRM hasn't been made.  That would complete the mountaineous areas of US properly.

Mega excited about this openLC release

Yep... That Hybrid mode is going to stay checked on many, many PCs now ;)

Of course if you're planing on staying inside a full region area, it will still be best to use the correct region setting, but for the most part, if you're planning on crossing the "border", Hybrid is the way to go... You could also just set FTX Global and leave Hybrid active and forget about it, but you will lose a tiny bit of fidelity inside the full regions... 

Thanks guys.

Yep, I do own PNW-CRM-NRM-NCA - just was waiting for openLC to be released to buy the other 2 regions.  I am still wondering why SRM hasn't been made.  That would complete the mountaineous areas of US properly.

Mega excited about this openLC release

Also pack or two that included NV, UT, AZ, and NM would be amazing. That would complete the mountaineous areas of US properly. :)

If I may ask, will not having FSglobal 2010 mesh cause a big problem.....like sliced mountains, etc.....  ?

I ask because I partake of all things orbx, but have not yet wanted to grab FSmesh for various reasons such as space, performance, etc....

If I may ask, will not having FSglobal 2010 mesh cause a big problem.....like sliced mountains, etc.....  ?

I ask because I partake of all things orbx, but have not yet wanted to grab FSmesh for various reasons such as space, performance, etc....

Not very likely for this part of the world.

Terrain data for the North American continent is pretty good by default... It certainly can be improved with a 3rd party mesh, but it's always a very close match.

Once OpenLC goes beyond Europe and North America though, you may see some bigger issues.

Yep... That Hybrid mode is going to stay checked on many, many PCs now ;)

Of course if you're planing on staying inside a full region area, it will still be best to use the correct region setting, but for the most part, if you're planning on crossing the "border", Hybrid is the way to go... You could also just set FTX Global and leave Hybrid active and forget about it, but you will lose a tiny bit of fidelity inside the full regions... 

I'm sorry as this is probably discussed many times before... From several discussions I'm under impression that the NA regions would be the least affected by the hybrid mode, so likely using the hybrid mode is less of a compromise even for low&slow flyers when flying NA regions when compared to, say NZ? (NZ is absolutely wonderful, however, I've noted in some occasions some weird effects that I traced back to having the hybrid mode on by mistake.) Anyways, while nothing drives me totally out of my regions in GA planes, the wonderful results shown here will make the border areas and even interesting places just outside the region a valid destinations for me! :)

Archived