FTX Vector Configurator settings anywhere?

Guenseli

Hello,

my question is, if somewhere are the FTX Vector Configurations stored on my PC?

The idea is, that with tolls like simStarter one could load FSX/P3D with different FTX Vector Configurations, e.g. IFR and VFR flights to safe frames and performance. (for IFR I do not need smaller roads and power lines as example)

But for this, we need access to a kind of configuration file where the actual settings are made/stored.

Does anybody know if this is possible?

And if really not, does the devs probably take that into account for a future update?

many thanks,

Günter

I imagine it would be quite possible but you would need to create

Vector settings profiles first.

You will see that if you do, you can save the files wherever you wish to.

How you would make your software activate them is another matter but

you can certainly do so with the Vector Configurator.

I wonder if FTX changes scenery files when you change vector settings...setting some to .off.  It probably saves its settings somewhere as well but i doubt that would help SimStarter.  If I'm right then the trick would be to know which ones were switched on and off.

As far as I am aware, the Vector Configurator does indeed

change the files but rather than store the setting, it reads the files each time it starts

and then displays the settings.

Unless a profile is saved, I don't think there is a stored setting.

Hello,

my question is, if somewhere are the FTX Vector Configurations stored on my PC?

The idea is, that with tolls like simStarter one could load FSX/P3D with different FTX Vector Configurations, e.g. IFR and VFR flights to safe frames and performance. (for IFR I do not need smaller roads and power lines as example)

But for this, we need access to a kind of configuration file where the actual settings are made/stored.

Does anybody know if this is possible?

And if really not, does the devs probably take that into account for a future update?

many thanks,

Günter

In this case Vector <Transportation> or <Various Features> tabs are independent layers, i.e. once ticked or unticked the selection (s) are worldwide.

Cheers,

Voyager

Archived