FTX Australia Powerlines and Quarries

rjwalter

Hi all,

Love navigating VFR around Australia using the real maps.  Just wondering about powerlines and quarries...are these modeled because i don't see them?  I have a high end PC with most scenery settings on Max.  For example, flying around Sydney their is a GA transit route from Kurmond to Nepeans Bridge that follows the power lines but don't see them in FTX australia.

Thanks, Richard

Hi all,

Love navigating VFR around Australia using the real maps.  Just wondering about powerlines and quarries...are these modeled because i don't see them?  I have a high end PC with most scenery settings on Max.  For example, flying around Sydney their is a GA transit route from Kurmond to Nepeans Bridge that follows the power lines but don't see them in FTX australia.

Thanks, Richard

The powerlines and poles were sold at the end of March :lol:

Hi Richard,

the FTX AU regions don't include powerline files but also don't exclude any existing default ones so you should see the towers for the high-voltage lines. You may have a point though because I just checked the default files and they, strangely, don't seem to include powerlines, at least not for the greater Sydney area.

Prominent quarries should be modeled as polygonal landclass. Any particular one that you noticed missing?

Cheers, Holger 

Hi there Holger,

The quarry at Bringeley is definitely not there... Bringeley is a VFR approach point 6nm north of Camden airport which has a prominent quarry next to the town as depicted on the real VTC (visual terminal chart).  I also checked to see if the quarry at bass point (just east of wollongong) and a random quarry depicted on the VTC near albury  were there but and none of these were modeled.    Didn't see any powerlines either that were depicted on the real charts that i have for these areas.

Is their a reason why FTX AU regions dont include powerlines?  Are quarries suppose to be included?  I noticed on openStreetMap these features are depicted.

Thanks, Rich

Hi Richard,

you might want to head over to OzX (if you haven't been there already).

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/1825-ozx-au-complete-ozx-na-complete-ozx-libraries/

This will greatly enhance the whole of Australia, adding quarries, open pit mines and other landmarks as well as hundreds of smaller airstrips.

Cheers

Mallard

Sadly, unless someone creates a photoreal of a quarry or two, the quarries do not  exist in Orb AU, and the ones in some of the other countries (UK in particular) are not good.. There are a few PR addons available for some of the major AU Quarries and industrial sites, but they are few and far between.As Mallard says, a visit to Oziex might bear fruit. Teecee.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm brand new to these forums so I hope I'm not annoying anyone by posting here......the issue is electricity cable towers.

I flew from Jamaica Intl to Orlando Intl today and when I requested a landing I was given runway 17L... at the last moment of the approach to touchdown I saw a line of electricity pylons running down the whole length of runway 17L.

Having never landed at Orlando before I do not know if the pylons are default scenery or a product of Orbx scenery which I have installed.

Is this something other people have noticed? ????

I'm brand new to these forums so I hope I'm not annoying anyone by posting here......the issue is electricity cable towers.

Welcome, its best to make a new topic for your issue, rather than tagging on to another topic (because - different part of the world, different product) cheers

Archived