Could one of you fine Gents with Global and Vector installed do me a favour?

Hey fellas, I was wondering if any of you guys could do me a favor. South Central and Northern Ontario has an enormous amount of lakes and rivers. One special area dear to my heart is Algonquin Provincial Park, just east of Lake Huron inland. If one of you has Global, Vector and some half decent mesh installed, could you take a flight from CDH1 (Deerhurst Resort just outside the park to the west) and fly a heading of 050. While doing that could you take a few screen-shots of the surrounding landscape? It would be greatly appreciated as I would like to get an example of Northern Ontario's detail before I purchase Global, Vector and some new expensive terrain mesh.

Cheers guys

-Jocko

PS: Thank heavens for The FlightSim Store and the fact that they use Australian currency. The high U.S. dollar is adding an additional 25% to anything purchased in U.S. currency here in Canada. It's not a good time to be buying anything in U.S. dollars. :(

Hi Jocko,

I think you are a tad too early with your question for pictures.

The release of OpenLC Canada is imminent (I read August somewhere) and that Landclass Addon will definetely improve your area further!

In that case you will need Global, Vector and OpenLC (and a mesh if you want) to have the best experience. :)

Hi Jocko, here ya go.  In the usual jumbled order.

Ont050.th.jpg 2015-7-27_19-27-17-83.th.jpg 2015-7-27_19-34-18-412.th.jpg 2015-7-27_19-34-54-265.th.jpg 2015-7-27_19-40-30-902.th.jpg 2015-7-27_19-44-3-818.th.jpg 2015-7-27_19-44-22-21.th.jpg 2015-7-27_19-44-47-787.th.jpg 2015-7-27_19-27-0-391.th.jpg 2015-7-27_19-31-45-596.th.jpg 2015-7-27_19-33-43-110.th.jpg 2015-7-27_19-35-3-344.th.jpg 2015-7-27_19-38-36-992.th.jpg 2015-7-27_19-42-53-469.th.jpg

I have Global + Vector + Pilot's 2010 FTX mesh + TreesHD.  Looks pretty good to me - I'm learning to like flat as long as it's interesting ;)

Edit: And as Eric says, OLC Canada should make it even better.

Hi Jocko,

good time for me to remember the wonderful Algonquin area! I took some pictures from 1.000, 3.000, 5.000, and 10.000 ft. Hope that helps you make your decision. And, as you know ORBX will soon release OpenLandclass North America. (Ultimate Terrain X did not convince me.)

Here are some screenshots:

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/lxbjs19ufl1iwl5/AAC-uND7KUkQVg5yVho2ompaa

Have a good summer time,

Fritz

Wow fellas, thank you very much, it's greatly appreciated!!! It's quite impressive compared to what it looks like with another companies data. There's twice as many lakes and rivers are in their proper locations. I'm really looking forward to OpenLC Canada.

Thanks guys, I'll grab Vector and Global this weekend. It seems my old FSX 19 meter (Canada) & 10 meter (U.S.) mesh works fine in P3D 2, I'll have to see just how bad the airport plateaus are once everything is installed.

Hello Mate, here are some shots as requested. My setup includes Orbx Global, Vector, HD Trees, Pilots Global 2010 Mesh.

Here we go,
Ontario_1.jpg

Ontario_2.jpg

Ontario_9.jpg

Ontario__6.jpg

Ontario_3.jpg

Ontario_4.jpg

Ontario_5.jpg

Ontario_6.jpg

Ontario_7.jpg

Ontario_8.jpg

I hope you will find this encouraging, the Open LC which is about to be released will further enhance the quality, I hope.

Cheers,

Les (hwh83)

Jocko, after you install Global and Vector be sure to run the Vector Configurator.  That should take care of any elevation problems for the default airports.

If you have any third party airport addons you might find one or two with elevation problems.  These can usually be fixed by manually moving them from the disabled column to the enabled column in the configurator.  I have found a couple like that but usually they turn out OK.

Noel

Thank you Les (hwh83). I see you have some excellent terrain mesh installed as it really brought out the granite hills of the Canadian Shield that are all over that part of Ontario, cheers. I wish I had the skills, tools and know how to re-create Algonquin Park in FSX/P3D in a similar manner to how OrbX does it. Hopefully the gentleman that created the Parry Sound scenery does more airports and scenery in the area.

Thanks Birdguy for the information, I was unaware that the Vector Tool did that. It's quite amazing how OrbX was able to script and code a tool for FSX and P3D that calculates the mesh elevation and then levels the airport plateau. :o

Cheers guys. :)

Personally I think that you should most definitely get LC (landclass) Alasaka/Canada when it's released (which is pretty soon). I flew with FSX many times in Canada and in my opinion the original landclass is simply not good, it's not very accurate and often you see patterns at a high altitude. It also tends to show too many areas covered with trees, where there is supposed to be meadows and cropland in real life.

Orbx's landclass for Europe made a huge difference. In my opinion you're going to see a much larger difference with the new landclass than an updated mesh.

Hey fellas, I was wondering if any of you guys could do me a favor. South Central and Northern Ontario has an enormous amount of lakes and rivers. One special area dear to my heart is Algonquin Provincial Park, just east of Lake Huron inland. If one of you has Global, Vector and some half decent mesh installed, could you take a flight from CDH1 (Deerhurst Resort just outside the park to the west) and fly a heading of 050. While doing that could you take a few screen-shots of the surrounding landscape? It would be greatly appreciated as I would like to get an example of Northern Ontario's detail before I purchase Global, Vector and some new expensive terrain mesh.

Cheers guys

-Jocko

PS: Thank heavens for The FlightSim Store and the fact that they use Australian currency. The high U.S. dollar is adding an additional 25% to anything purchased in U.S. currency here in Canada. It's not a good time to be buying anything in U.S. dollars. :(

I just put up a few shots flying out of Deerhurst in the Preview section Jocko.  Now you can also consider to add OLCNA - Canada, Alaska, Artic to the other three you are considering for the full effect!

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/101235-olc-nan-cdh1-deerhurst-resort/

Archived