My ORBX Freeware U.S. Tour

arnobg

Using this fantastic map of all ORBX freeware airports (  https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zg4CDEo7W1E4.kowonyERyZ-8 ) I have decided to do a U.S. tour. What better way to see all of the scenery than to stop at as many as you can along the way. (Disclaimer: There are a few non ORBX airports due to time constraints for my flights)

So far this is what I have covered and my plan is to get to the east coast and go north, then back out to the northwest. I posted some screenies from my stop at Prescott in another post. This has been a lot of fun!

CROSSCOUNTRYC182_zpsdmrpsndo.png

KXNA4_zpspzwso9sa.png

KXNA3_zpsbe3yumjw.png

KXNA2_zpsj8dnxzpc.png

Traffic to follow one o' clock 2 miles short final.

KXNA1_zpsxqrukifa.png

Next Stop: KOLV Olive Branch, MS 

Have you had to do any maintenance to the plane thus far?

Yes actually I have a post under general discussion in regards to this issue. I put about 20-25 hours on the brand new airframe prior to starting this trip, but mid trip I had to replace the two main tires as well as clean a fuel filter, and the air filter is now due 30ish hours into the planes life. It is also due for an oil change I believe Cessna calls for one after 25-30 hours.

I try to make the trip more fun by buying fuel at cheaper airfields as well as maintenance.

I think I may plan a trip since I just got the a2a 182 and also the gtn750

I highly recommend it! I spent quite a bit of time in the pattern getting used to the plane when I first got it but I really didn't start to enjoy the plane fully until I did some flights where I got up to cruise altitudes. This made me to have to be active with mixture settings during climb and cruise which there is a lot to learn.

Archived