FTX Global Base is not installing (reinstall)

August78

Hi. FSX user here (non SE) I had ftx global installed, but I uninstalled it (by using the uninstall.exe in the orbx folder) because I had some trouble with Mega Airport Oslo with double textures. I dont think FTX Global had anything to do with the problem because the issue persisted after uninstallation of global. However, when I now try to reinstall ftx global base I cannot find it in ftx central after the installation process completes.

I have tried like 5 times, but it doesnt show up in the Central.

I ran the installation as admin. I followed the on screen instructions and pressed default and apply and then closed the central when it sequenced in the installation cycle.

Can you please help me?

PS! I downloaded the latest libs and updated ftx central to v2.

Thanks. How do I remove registry entries for fsx? Can I use CC Cleaner, or do I have to manually do something?

Also, I see that the ftx global base at fss is version 1.3. It's apparantly the same version as I have on my pc. Should I redownload anyway?

Uninstall fsX or fsX SE, completely, then run CCleaner and the registry entries should be removed watch it to make sure

Also if I may advise do not install fsX or fsX SE on your c drive, best is a separate partition or SSD/HDD, this to avpid cluttering up your C drive and also keeping all fsX related files together, if you already have the latest version of FTX Global then there should be no need to re-download it again

I just ran the uninstall.exe from the scripts folder in fsx\orbx folder. It only took like a split second for it to complete, so it feels like it thinks it's not installed. When I ran CC registry cleaner it didnt find anything associated with orbx.

I'm kinda in a loop here :)

Hi again. I'm not sure about the advice you've given me. Im not a native english speaker, so please pardon if I misunderstand because of the language gap. The breakdown of my issue is:

1. The installer does not actually install the base pack

2. The uninstaller does not really uninstall anything it seems.

3. The cc cleaner doesnt find any registry errors

4. The FSS site has the same 1.3 version that I already have installed

What exactly should I do? =)

Oi... did you suggest I uninstall fsx? I missed that. Eh, i just did a reinstall two days ago, and I would hate to do it again. It takes time and is a hassle with all the addons etc. Is there really no way around?

If this is 'Off Topic' I apologise but I would like to know if when installing FTX Global Base it is neceesary to instal 1.10, 1.20 and 1.30 or if 1.30 is sufficient?

Also, if I were to install them in that order will it cause a problem?

Thanks

If this is 'Off Topic' I apologise but I would like to know if when installing FTX Global Base it is neceesary to instal 1.10, 1.20 and 1.30 or if 1.30 is sufficient?

Also, if I were to install them in that order will it cause a problem?

Thanks

Installing 1.30 is all you need to do.

• 4 weeks later...

Wanted to start a new topic but couldn't figure out how. 

Would like to completely uninstall then re-install KJAC Jackson Hole Airport from my P3Dv2.5. I installed FTX Central Rockies, then installed KJAC.  Then found that, no, it's a different region that needs to be installed first.  Looks like we then did FTX NA Blue.  At this point, I'm not even sure if that was the right one, however it (NA Blue) was done AFTER having installed KJAC.  We forced it (KJAC) to load by removing an entry in a DLL file (forget which one), and it (KJAC) installed and runs, but I'm not sure it looks all correct (having had it installed into FSX before.)  I have ORBX KJAC Control Panel but I think its just the old one from an old FSX install, and I don't think it's working. No animated ground simobjects.  Again, I'm thinking an uninstall is in order, but I couldn't find anywhere instructions on how to do that.

Please advise and also let me know how & where to post a new subject, and feel free to move this to the appropriate area.

Thanks, Steve

Hello Steve,

Would you please post at least one order number for specific product support.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/1157-important-notice-please-add-your-order-to-your-sig-for-support/

In the FAQ section of this forum

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/forum/25-faq-answers-to-frequently-asked-questions-here/

there are guides on how to do what you want to.

How to uninstall airports

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/30376-uninstalling-ftx-airports-a-quick-guide/

How to uninstall regions

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/30377-uninstalling-na-regions-a-quick-guide/

How to uninstall all products

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/30378-uninstalling-all-orbx-products-a-quick-guide/

You will find the FAQ section at the top of this forum, I have highlighted it in green.

If you wish to start a new topic, you will find a Start New Topic button there too, I have highlighted

it with the red rectangle.

Untitledf6e2d.jpg

Oh, and thank you for your replay and help, Nick. I will try all of your suggestions. One more quick question. How can I tell if I am running the most recent version of KJAC or its control panel, and animated ground personel (not sure what that's called) and how to find specific updates. Thanks again, Steve

Once you have installed the latest libraries, FTX Central 2 will check for

updates for the products you have installed and also tell you where to go for them.

Can you confirm where you purchased the products, that order number seems not to

exist at the Flight Sim Store. Their order numbers all start with FSS.

Thanks.

That was an old, fspilotshop purchase. More recent orbx purchases have probably more directly been from the orbx site? I have to go online & look around when i'm on my computer. Right now just on the the phone.

Steve

What i've been doing is making the crossover from fsx to p3d and going back to previous purchases when possible and re-downloading the zip files many of which now contain the triple installers, and downloading into p3dv2. It's been quite an ongoing process that I know others are not at all unfamiliar with ;)

Steve

Archived