Palm Springs scenery problem

Tyler_Ganse

G'day Tyler,

Presuming that you have installed KPSP already without any problems, the next steps are:

1. Download the latest ORBXlibs (as you've already done)

2. Open the zip, copy the file inside to another folder, and run the ORBXlibs installer. 

3. Once you have installed the ORBXlibs, you will find a new icon on your desktop called "FTX Central 2". Open this. 

4. On the left hand side, you will see the "Groupings" column; select "FTX Global"

5. Within the Global tab, select the blue "Apply Grouping" button. This will set your FSX region to Global, and ensure that core changes to Autogen and other files are enabled. 

6. Run FSX, and you should be all ready to go :)

Cheers,

Jarrad

The one in Jabble's link:

Orbxlibs at https://www.fullterrain.com/support#orbxlibs    Edit: Make sure you use the correct one for your sim.

It's OK Voyager, he posted an Order No. in Post 3.

If you use FSX, download the FSX version of ORBX Libraries, if you use P3D v2 download that version. 

Cheers

It seems that there is a problem. You need FTX Global Base, see the bottom of the page that deals with this product - KPSP:

You'll read:

"compatibility

This product is compatible with the following simulators:

Lockheed Martin Prepar3D V2

Lockheed Martin Prepar3D V1

Microsoft Flight Simulator X

This product requires you have the following installed:

FTX Global BASE"

Cheers,

No the scenery is still not working

How do send pics

How do u send pics

I'm confused what am I supposed to unzip

OK, you need to:

1) Download the correct Orbxlibs for your simulator - either the one for FSX & P3D 1, or the one for P3D 2.  They're both on the support page.

OrbxLibs01.th.jpg  

2) Unzip this downloaded file to a new folder

OrbxLibs02.th.jpg

3) Open this folder - it contains 1 file - double click it to run it.

OrbxLibs03.th.jpg

4)  Follow the instructions, and it will install.

OrbxLibs04.th.jpg

5) Voila!  Complete!

OrbxLibs05.th.jpg

If you want to send pics, instructions here.

I understand that KPSP will mostly work without Global, but there will likely be some imperfections.  But Global is very good and worth getting!

"[...]

I understand that KPSP will mostly work without Global, but there will likely be some imperfections.  But Global is very good and worth getting!"

Hi jabble,

I greatly appreciated your help with all of us enthusiasts of this hobby.

But, why did support for a forced installation? This procedure can generate rights to the consumer.

Something worries me: the scenery will not be installed as planned by the developer and will not have the qualities that the consumer expects. 

Maybe I'm exaggerating!

In any case, thanks!

Cheers,

Jarrad has already said that you could install it without Global albeit with some issues. This is not a good idea at all, I agree, but it is possible. What I wonder is whether such an installation is automatically declared in the sceney library or not.  Anyway, what is puzzling is that he sees the airport and not the city as all the bgl are in the same scenery folder.  

So Tyler

-  have you any other scenery in Southern California including a photo imagery (Megascenery or the like) ?

- have you ever installed another version of KSPS, including a freeware ?

- would you go to the scenery library and see if Palms Springs is there ? 

It seems that there is a problem. You need FTX Global Base, see the bottom of the page that deals with this product - KPSP:

https://www.fullterrain.com/product/kpsp

You'll read:

"compatibility

This product is compatible with the following simulators:

Lockheed Martin Prepar3D V2

Lockheed Martin Prepar3D V1

Microsoft Flight Simulator X

This product requires you have the following installed:

FTX Global BASE"

Cheers,

Global Base is not required for the scenery to work properly, only so that the colors blend well at the outskirts. The only requirement for KPSP is the airport itself and the latest libraries, no more, no less.

Global Base is not required for the scenery to work properly, only so that the colors blend well at the outskirts. The only requirement for KPSP is the airport itself and the latest libraries, no more, no less.

Hmm! Since you so determined, you must notify the Orbx to remove the warning from the product page!

This is a official support subforum: worth or not worth what the Orbx says - neither more nor less! LoL

Cheers,

So my order number is FSS0396778

What now

Hi Tyler,

As a general rule here in the Orbx-FTX Support forums, you need to post your order number for each product from Orbx-FTX that you own, in order to recieve support for those products.

If you take a look at most members' signatures at the foot of their posts, you will see all the order numbers posted there.

This helps the support team find exactly what you are reffering to.

Check out the greyed out numbers at the foot of my post here.  You can add your order numbers by editing your profile - signature.

Good luck and hope you get to enjoy Palm Springs as it should be seen, it is a great add-on and covers a very large area.

As a general rule here in the Orbx-FTX Support forums, you need to post your order number for each product from Orbx-FTX that you own...

As ORBX staff has pointed out more than once, you only require ONE order number in your signature, they can find the others with their database searching software.  Tyler is confused enough... ;)

Hmm! Since you so determined, you must notify the Orbx to remove the warning from the product page!

This is a official support subforum: worth or not worth what the Orbx says - neither more nor less! LoL

Cheers,

Yeah, the "requirement" is there because the product is designed to "blend seamlessly" with Global. That's it though. Global is mainly just a texture replacement product and doesn't come with AFCADS, elevation changes, or any vector data like the regional products do that requires the regions be installed for the addon airports to be used.

The requirement is there so that people who don't have Global installed don't run to the forum asking why the textures don't blend well with GEX or default textures, plus it's a little marketing 101.

Having or not having Global installed will not prevent the airport from working properly as long as the latest libraries are install, there are no other 3rd party afcads being used for the area, and the airport is layered properly in the scenery library.

I know people who don't have Global installed but use KPSP with GEX and also with MegaScenery Earth and it works perfectly.

As ORBX staff has pointed out more than once, you only require ONE order number in your signature, they can find the others with their database searching software.  Tyler is confused enough... ;)

Hey Bruce,

Apologies to the forum and to Tyler, my mistake and I agree Tyler is confused enough without me adding to the mix.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Cheers

Brian

G'day Mr. Jarrad,

Just wish to inform that I retreat all my comments in this thread, if this is possible.

My apologies to the consultant Tyler.

My apologies to fellow Jable.

My apologies to fellow GordonGekko.

Thanks gents.  :)

Voyager

Archived