FSX Steam with ORBX England and Wales desert textures

GrahamL

Many areas in my FTX_EU_ENG are showing with a 'desert' type texture.

Examples of this are shown in the attached pictures called 'Custom On' numbers 1 to 3.

If I reload FSX Steam with FTX_EU_ENG_08_CUSTOM disabled the problem does not appear.

Examples of this are shown in the attached pictures called 'Custom Off' numbers 1 to 3.

This  occurs in all seasons and a reload does not solve the problem.

All I can assume is that there are some 'desert' textures in the 08-CUSTOM directory of FTX_EU_ENG which needs replacing with a nice green European texture.

The very same problem appears in FTX_EU_WLS as well.

Any ideas out there ?

FTX AU AI Traffic V4.20 JUNE 2014

FTX EU EGFF CARDIFF INTL V1.10 - JUNE 2013

FTX EU ENG England 1.30 - May 2014

FTX EU WLS Wales v1.20 - May 2014

FTX GLOBAL BASE PACK - Version 1.30 September 2014

FTX GLOBAL FREEWARE AIRPORTS EUROPE PACKS 1 to 8 - March 2015

FTX GLOBAL VECTOR PACK - Version 1.20 October 2014

FTX NA GA AI Traffic V1.20 March 2014

FTX NA KHQM BOWERMAN AIRPORT VERSION 1.1

FTX NA KPDX CITYSCAPE VERSION 1.10 August 2014

FTX NA PNW PACIFIC NORTHWEST V1.0 PATCH 008 February 2014

FTX NZ Milford Sound Airport Version 1.05 October 2014

FTX NZ NZQN Queenstown International Airport Version 1.05 - January 2015

FTX NZ NZSI New Zealand South Island V1.3 PATCH 003 July 2014

FTX openLC Base Region Version 1.10 - September 2013

FTX openLC Europe Version 1.15 - January 2015

FTX openLC North America Region 1 Version 1.00 - September 2013

FTX TREES HD VERSION 1.00 APRIL 2015

FTX US MONUMENT VALLEY VERSION 1.10 - April 2015

Here are my sample images, Cutom On #3 and Custom Off #3 shows the problem very well

Custom On #1

CustomOn-1.jpg

Custom On #2

CustomOn-2.jpg

Custom On #3

CustomOn-3.jpg

Custom Off #1

CustomOff-1.jpg

Custom Off #2

CustomOff-2.jpg

Custom Off #3

CustomOff-3.jpg

Thanks for you quick reply Holger,

I have checked all my landclass entries and they are all 100% in-line with the document 'How to configure openLC scenery library entries'.

Anything else you can suggest I might look at ?

Regards, Graham    

Hi Graham,

any entries in your scenery library above the FTX block that may contain landclass files for England? Also, make sure you have the current Obr libraries installed and that FTX Central is set to either Europe (preferable when flying in England) or else Global with the hybrid checkbox.

Cheers, Holger

Once again, thank you Holger,

A full check of my scenery revealed no rouge landclass for England and Wales so I ran FTX Central and set Global with the hybrid checkbox and .........  IT WORKED!!

What would we do without all you guys out their who know what they are doing.

Thanks again

Cheers, Graham 

Once again, thank you Holger,

A full check of my scenery revealed no rouge landclass for England and Wales so I ran FTX Central and set Global with the hybrid checkbox and .........  IT WORKED!!

What would we do without all you guys out their who know what they are doing.

Thanks again

Cheers, Graham 

Ok, this raises another question.  If I read this correctly, the OP UNCHECKED the hybrid mode box and everything was ok?  If so, then this ties in with the page in the ORBX manual about setting scenery based on flightplan.  If say the OP was flying from ORBX England to say Germany, he would want to have hybrid checked on (if OpenLC Europe is not installed), right?

-Jim

Ok, this raises another question.  If I read this correctly, the OP UNCHECKED the hybrid mode box and everything was ok?  If so, then this ties in with the page in the ORBX manual about setting scenery based on flightplan.  If say the OP was flying from ORBX England to say Germany, he would want to have hybrid checked on (if OpenLC Europe is not installed), right?

-Jim

Correct... Though it doesn't matter if OpenLC is installed or not... Hybrid mode should remain active if you're crossing into or out of a full region (like FTX EU England in this case).

If you're staying exclusively within the boundaries of a full region, use the appropriate group setting in FTX Central (in this case Europe)

If you're staying exclusively outside the boundaries of a full region, use the FTX Global group setting and leave Hybrid mode unchecked

If you're crossing into or out of a full region, use FTX Global with Hybrid mode checked (active)

Archived