saitek panels fsx steam

Hi I am thinking of getting the Saitek pro flight multi panel and the Saitek pro switch panel .

I have fsx steam and P3D Installed on my pc I now at the moment that Saitek are working on a new installer for fsx steam .

My main question is will the panels work with carenado aircraft and other aircraft addon that you might install look faward to any

help regards stewart

Hi I am thinking of getting the Saitek pro flight multi panel and the Saitek pro switch panel .

I have fsx steam and P3D Installed on my pc I now at the moment that Saitek are working on a new installer for fsx steam .

My main question is will the panels work with carenado aircraft and other aircraft addon that you might install look faward to any

help regards stewart

Hi Stewart1,

I have the switch panel working fine in FSX:SE. Make sure you get the latest drivers from Saitek:

http://www.saitek.com/uk/down/drivers.php

Once installed navigate to your FSX directory in Steam and run the saitek switch panel .exe file, after I did this all was fine in the sim,

Simon

I have saitek yoke, throttles, rudder peddles and multi panel all working perfectly in FSX Steam using Carenado aircraft and others. The only issue is with PMDG the Multi Panel needs to be reprogrammed just like in FSX. 

Thanks Jorge for the help on the spad-next do I need to download from the top link do you also need peter Dowson fsuipc .

I will be getting the two panels next week regards stewart

Yes, SPAD.neXt needs FSUIPC, but the freeware version is sufficient. 

Kind regards, Michael

I have had the Saitek switch panel for about 2 years. The Off - L - R - Start switch is locked [frozen] and will not move. I filed a ticket with Saitek a week or more ago, and no response whatever. Have to do CTL - E to start engines now.

Hoping they get to me with a solution. Or i will have to replace it. Is there any other good switch panel out there?

LG

Stewart , Saitek panels dont need drivers or installer if you get Spad.next, plus they will work with any aircraft...get it here..

http://www.fsgs.com/forum/spad-next/news-announcements

Jorge

Jorge,

I just picked up the Comanche and I know it doesn't work with Saitek panels.  They suggested SPAD just as you are but I posed the question, will I have to add the assignments for every plane that I have separately or is it a "one shot deal" meaning just install it and go?  No one answered my question there so hopefully I'll get information here. 

Gary

Gary, at first: There are the old SPAD drivers and SPAD.neXt. Despite similar names, they're completely independent. Development of SPAD stopped some time ago while SPAD.neXt is in active development.

To answer your question: You will have to assign your planes to profiles. There is a basic default profile coming with the driver (basically for a C172) which you can just assign all aircraft to (in just one step) and you're done. That's the most simple way.

However, to make use of the configurability (in fact, you can reassign any dial and button on the panels) you'll (obviously) need specific profiles for your planes.

Kind regards, Michael

Gary, at first: There are the old SPAD drivers and SPAD.neXt. Despite similar names, they're completely independent. Development of SPAD stopped some time ago while SPAD.neXt is in active development.

To answer your question: You will have to assign your planes to profiles. There is a basic default profile coming with the driver (basically for a C172) which you can just assign all aircraft to (in just one step) and you're done. That's the most simple way.

However, to make use of the configurability (in fact, you can reassign any dial and button on the panels) you'll (obviously) need specific profiles for your planes.

Kind regards, Michael

Michael,

Thanks for your response as well as your explanation and clarification.  I currently use FSUIPC to control certain commands on my Saitek throttle quadrants.  Would these be overwritten if I were to use SPAD.neXt? And its nice to know, just as with FSUIPC, that a "basic" profile can be copied for each plane.  That within itself certainly minimizes the effort of assignments.  Thanks again for your response. :)

Gary

Jorge,

I just picked up the Comanche and I know it doesn't work with Saitek panels.  They suggested SPAD just as you are but I posed the question, will I have to add the assignments for every plane that I have separately or is it a "one shot deal" meaning just install it and go?  No one answered my question there so hopefully I'll get information here. 

Gary

Gary,

With SPAD and registered FSUIPC, you have the option of creating profiles for each airplane.  You don't HAVE to change any assignments for the defaults to work on airplanes that have default FSX/P3D switch offsets.  It's just a handy tool for managing a large stable of aircraft, and for handling cases like the A2A airplanes where there are custom offset mappings.  Right now you have to cheat a little bit by assigning keys to the A2A actions, and then using SPAD to set the switch panel switches to keys, but it works fine on all the A2A aircraft including the Comanche.  There's a really good thread on it over on the A2A forums:  http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=125&t=47620.

Long story short, if you're going to use the Saitek panels, there is zero reason not to use SPAD.

Hi Perk,

once more, are you referring to SPAD or SPAD.neXt? Both bind planes to profiles, but work differently elsewhere. I don't use any A2A planes at present, just an Alabeo C172 which I could use a twin of the default SPAD.neXt for.

Gary, I don't think your FSUIPC commands for the quadrant will be overwritten. But in case of doubt make a copy of the FSUIPC4.ini in advance of using the SPAD.neXt drivers

Kind regards, Michael

Archived