PNW partial scenery at KSEA

I bought Pacific North West and as far as I can see it works fine, except for KSEA. I have looked at a number of other airports and they seem ok. As was suggested to KPV922 I made sure that FTX Central is set to North America and in the scenery library I do have four checked entries for PNW. Also when I bought PNW a week ago, I downloaded Orbxlibs. The attached screen shot may help in seeing my problem.

Tuke

post-54006-0-82605700-1434780898_thumb.j

Hi there,

it's a bit difficult to see from the small image but it looks like your have a third-party file active for KSEA; see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/99383-orbx-pnw-for-fsxse-not-displaying/?p=898897

I'd suggest running a Windows search of your entire FSX folder tree (including any external scenery locations you may have) for .bgl files that include KSEA as part of their names. The result should bring up those that are part of PNW:

ADE_FTX_PNW_KSEA_Seattle-Tacoma_Intl.BGL

ADE_FTX_PNW_KSEA_Seattle-Tacoma_Intl_CVX.bgl

FTX_PNW_objects_KSEA_PLC.bgl

FTX_PNW_objects_KSEA_BCN_PLC.bgl

but anything else that comes up would be a potential culprit. If you're not sure post a screenshot or list of the search result with full file names and folder paths and we can help with further diagnosis.

Cheers, Holger

Holger,

Thank you for your reply. I am not very computer literate. To do the search, what would I type in? Would it be something like: *KSEA*.bgl? Also if some other file besides the ones you mention show up, would I delete them?

Thank you,

Tuke

post-54006-0-04914400-1434949886_thumb.jHolger,

I did the search that you suggested and see three files in addition to the four that you say should be there. They are:

ABP_KSEA.bgl

AEC_KSEA.bgl

APT_KSEA.bgl

Holger,

In case the screen shots are to small to read the paths. This is the path of all those files, the four that should be there and also the three others:

C\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steammapps\Common\FS...

You should have another file, ABP_KSEA_Default.bgl which,

if you searched the whole ORBX folder should be in

ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_APT\scenery.

I think that you may have installed Vector with the updates

which had a problem, now resolved.

Ideally, you should go to your FSS account and download Vector

version 1.20.

Then go to the ORBX folder and delete the whole FTX_VECTOR folder.

When you have done this, install Vector again and when you have,

run the Vector Configurator and disable AEC for KSEA.

To check, set FTX Central to North America and a new search of the

ORBX folder for KSEA should produce this result.

Untitled.jpg

By the way, I can't read either of your screen shots, I hope you can read this one.

Nick,

Many thanks for your response and your help. I live 200 miles into the East African bush on the edge of the Serengeti and have a very slow cell phone based connection to the internet. I will be going to the main town of Arusha in a couple of weeks where there is a fast connection available and will then follow your instructions to solve the problem.

Thank you again for your answer. 

Archived