GTN 750 in OrbXlands ?

dominique

I'm looking at the 750GTN but not yet convinced it has a real value for my flying.

More specifcally, does it make sense to get it for flying outside of the US like in AU, OpenLC EU, PNG and the Samoas ? Has it any real value added in terms of functionalities there ?

I'd be interested to get some feedback from users if any in this community.

Dominique, the GTN750 costs 18k and you get it for 50 bucks! lets face it there wouldn't be a pilot on earth who would not want one if they could afford it unless your flying a cub on floats full time.. Keep in mind though that very remote airports wont be in the data base such as the grass strips in PNG. Outside of the USA you wont get the free charts that you can pop up on approach.

Its amazing software so go and download the Garmin trainer from their web site (same as the GTN 750) and have a play with it before you buy the flight 1 version and they offer money back so you have nothing to lose

Product Highlights

High-Resolution Moving Map Display with full data integration

Simulated touch and drag interface - allows you to interact with the system, graphically edit flight plans, and much more using the mouse cursor or touchscreen monitor

Smooth Framerate Performance

SafeTaxiTM - Allows you to view detailed airport information on the moving map (US Only)

FliteChartsTM - Allows you to view the electronic versions of AeroNav terminal procedures charts (US Coverage Only / GTN 750 Only)

High resolution terrain maps and TAWS-B audible alerts for North and Central America

TCAS / TAWS Systems w/Alerts

Full WAAS Approach Support

Airways Display On Map (GTN 750 Only)

Worldwide Database of Roads, Rivers, Cities, Oceans, Lakes, etc.

Worldwide Obstacle Database and Obstacle Alerts

Easy-to-use GTN Series Gauge Configuration Utility

Quick Access GTN Stack Gauge Controller

Full COM/NAV Receiver Integration

Pixel by Pixel Accuracy To Real World Avionics

Over 95% of the features are included when comparing to real-world counterpart (XM Radio and Weather not included)

Plus Much More

Thanks, its more like 65 EUR but cheaper than the real one too ;) .

I've just completed, with the Duke, the ILS 08 (FA transition) arrival to NSFA out of NSTU. What would I have gotten out the 750, for instance ?

Nothing much as a GPS cant fly an ILS . The huge plus with the GTN is you can fly WASS approaches at airports that dont have ILS and to lower minimums eg 200ft.

However planning your flight from NSFA to NSTU is a game changer. You can set all of this up in the free trainer and see for your self. Let us know what you think of it?

This is a good tool to have in your sim. It gives you a lot and real easy to configure to your aircraft. It really extends your flight planning ability with the default aircraft which I still fly once in awhile when I don't want to deal with complexity.

I'll tell you bud, this thing is a piece of genius . I think Albert Einstein came out of his grave and invented it  . I go on Digital Theme Park with Team Speak a lot and every one there was talking about how good it is so out came the Visa - it's a bit pricey which slowed me down a bit but it's real real good. It only has charts for the states though , I'm in Canada and there's no charts here for it, and it does not have the weather radar in it like the real one , like we have with the Pmdg jets linked with Active Sly Next.

And dont forget you can right click anywhere on the map for terrain height, distance and ETA. Just keep clicking away on all the tabs and keep experimenting because as you can see its very intuitive and surprisingly easy to use.

I have mine on a touch screen, the way it was meant to be used and its very immersive using it that way

And dont forget you can right click anywhere on the map for terrain height, distance and ETA. Just keep clicking away on all the tabs and keep experimenting because as you can see its very intuitive and surprisingly easy to use.

I have mine on a touch screen, the way it was meant to be used and its very immersive using it that way

Also in pan mode like that you can click the "direct to" button and fly to "MAPWPT" (which I just realized about 10 seconds ago, lol) This thing just keeps getting better, it's FSNav on steroids!

Archived