Auckland international - mystery object

DAVIDF4

Just installed the NZ North Island 1.10 triple installer into FSX. Latest Orbx libraries reapplied.
Taking off from Auckland international airport I quickly saw this unsightly brown line running out from the coast.
Initially I thought is was a sewerage pipe, put it appears to be a large ribbon thin object suspended in the air.
It's obviously not supposed to be there.  Anyone else get this?

It's kinda spoiling the view.

PIC1.jpg

PIC2.jpg

PIC3.jpg

Thanks for the responses.
It looks like an actual scenery bug then, or something left over from default FSX?
I had Instant Scenery look over the area and form what I could see it didn't appear to associate this thing with a BGL. So my first thought is that it’s an errant piece of autogen.  Maybe a bridge, rail track, or road, perhaps.

Dave.

I had a look in ADE and the only thing there is an orphaned ILS object which shouldn't display. No idea about orphaned ILS apart that the're renmants of a default stock airport so will need to read up and see if they do cause these to appear

I had a look in ADE and the only thing there is an orphaned ILS object which shouldn't display. No idea about orphaned ILS apart that the're renmants of a default stock airport so will need to read up and see if they do cause these to appear

That orphaned ILS thing has been there for ages. Is it the same one that shows in the map as roughly 010 degrees? It's always intrigued me.

Adam.

Hello,

When you delete an ILS in ADE it'll create an orphan runway and ILS and will place it somewhere around the airport as you can see in the op's screenshot.

I've moved the orphan ILS and runway out in the sea and the runway is now invisible. AI will not use it.

681145cba189cd317adaf5be2a111d73.jpg

More information about orphan ILS here:

Please download and overwrite the files in: FSX\ORBX\FTX_NZ\FTX_NZNI_05_SCENERY\scenery.

I've also updated NZAA with updated gates around the domestic terminal etc.

• 2 months later...

Archived