Australia SP4 and Vector...

Orbx Flyer

Should you have Vector ticked on, in the Scenery Library, if AUS SP4 has it's own road system?

Also...I am sitting at YMUI (Murray Island)  in a crater, in both P3D and FSX...here 's the pic:  I thought to understand, that your freeware AU airports worked seamlessly with AUS SP4.   Is that a wrong assumption?  If so..what I can I do, to get your AUS freeware to display properly with AUS SP4. I am running your approved Pilots 2010 Global Mesh, and have Scenery Mesh in both P3D and FSX set to 10M. which I believe is your standard mesh setting, right?    Thank you.

badload.png

Thanks

Hi there,

Vector has some incompatibilities with FTX AU (or vice versa) and thus is best deactivated while flying in Australia; see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/79467-ftx-terrain-ftx-global-vector-compatibility/?p=728369

As for YMUI it's probably another airport facility file active on your PC; run a search for "YMUI" .bgl files to check.

Cheers, Holger

Hi PNW User,

I think you may need "AU Holgermesh" available from here: https://www.fullterrain.com/freeware it is recommended for proper display of YMUI and gives Australia SP4 all the right lumps and bumps. If you have "Australia" it is best to select "Oceania" as the region.

I think Holger Sandmann wrote about using Vector and Australia.

My understanding  going on memory, is that it was best to disable Vector when flying in Australia/Oceania. I can't remember what the Topic name was, but a forum search will get you the answer you seek.  

Edit: I see Holger has provided a link, excellent!  he describes what Vector elements to deactivate.

Hi there,

Vector has some incompatibilities with FTX AU (or vice versa) and thus is best deactivated while flying in Australia; see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/79467-ftx-terrain-ftx-global-vector-compatibility/?p=728369

As for YMUI it's probably another airport facility file active on your PC; run a search for "YMUI" .bgl files to check.

Cheers, Holger

OK..thanks...I'll then tick as off, all three VECTOR entries and not run with it, and will check for another YMUI, but I don't think I do. Also, once more..what should my MESH setting be for all ORBX airports?  I had been using 10/5m

Hi PNW User,

I think you may need "AU Holgermesh" available from here: https://www.fullterrain.com/freeware it is recommended for proper display of YMUI and gives Australia SP4 all the right lumps and bumps. If you have "Australia" it is best to select "Oceania" as the region.

I think Holger Sandmann wrote about using Vector and Australia.

My understanding  going on memory, is that it was best to disable Vector when flying in Australia/Oceania. I can't remember what the Topic name was, but a forum search will get you the answer you seek.  

Thanks...so also shut down Pilots Global Mesh 2010 for Oceania as well and download Holger's AU mesh?

Hi PNW User,

Ah now that's a tricky question to answer. I have always used AU Holgermesh with regard to the Australian region as it is the only region that did not have Mesh as part of its package contents. If I were you I would install it anyway, and let FTXCentral place it at the proper priority in your Scenery Library for FSX / P3D then the sim will choose the highest appropriate resolution of Mesh available. I cannot tell you whether the Pilots Mesh will take precedence or Holger Mesh, as I am only running my FSX / Australia/Oceania using AU Holgermesh. But make sure you selected 5m Mesh resolution in your settings tab.

Holger..here is what I have..

1. Have FTX Central v2.0 set to Oceania

2...No other YMUI, other than your YMUI ORBX freeware version installed

3. Have Pilot's Global Mesh 2010 FULLY disabled..all checks removed

4. Have Vector totally disabled.

5. Have P3D Terrain Mesh set to 10M

6. Have your AU Holger Mesh running, as the only mesh product...and this is still what I am getting....so what could be wrong?

notgood.png

Hi PNW User,

Ah now that's a tricky question to answer. I have always used AU Holgermesh with regard to the Australian region as it is the only region that did not have Mesh as part of its package contents. If I were you I would install it anyway, and let FTXCentral place it at the proper priority in your Scenery Library for FSX / P3D then the sim will choose the highest appropriate resolution of Mesh available. I cannot tell you whether the Pilots Mesh will take precedence or Holger Mesh, as I am only running my FSX / Australia/Oceania using AU Holgermesh. But make sure you selected 5m Mesh resolution in your settings tab.

I have FTX set to the proper Oceania. I have Holger's mesh in the right line-up. I have Pilot's totally ticked as off. I have Vector ticked as totally off...and the picture above...is what I have...not good!    Thanks.

Hi guys,

please note that elevation issues at airports are almost never related to what terrain mesh, if any, is installed, as airport elevations are regulated by separate flatten files that override any underlying terrain mesh. More likely, with trenches like those in PNW USer's screenshot, there's a mismatch between the elevation data of our freeware add-on and that of a third-party add-on; hence my suggestion to run a search for active airport .bgl files.

Also, if Vector is installed, then one should run its AEC configuration tool after installing any add-on airport (including ours) as it's possible that Vector has its own (incompatible) elevation adjustments for the airport in question. You want to do this even if deactivating the Vector entries while flying in Australia. 

Cheers, Holger

Hi guys,

please note that elevation issues at airports are almost never related to what terrain mesh, if any, is installed, as airport elevations are regulated by separate flatten files that override any underlying terrain mesh. More likely, with trenches like those in PNW USer's screenshot, there's a mismatch between the elevation data of our freeware add-on and that of a third-party add-on; hence my suggestion to run a search for active airport .bgl files.

Also, if Vector is installed, then one should run its AEC configuration tool after installing any add-on airport (including ours) as it's possible that Vector has its own (incompatible) elevation adjustments for the airport in question. You want to do this even if deactivating the Vector entries while flying in Australia. 

Cheers, Holger

The only thing I have not done, is to run the Vector tool for P3D, Holger..and I have no other (did the search) YMUI installations showing up in a search. I might also try to install the freeware again. 

Holger...I just went through each and every AUS freeware airport..and all come up normal. The ONLY one that has that crater...is YMUI Murray Island.

Could it be that this airport is NOT compatible with AUS SP4?   You might want to check that out.  I also reinstalled it, and it is the only YMUI listing on my computer. I have not loaded up the stock FSX or P3D Australian continent with anything prior to my buying SP4 today.

Holger...here is where putting myself at YMUI (Murray Island) gets me, when your freeware version was removed from my Scenery Library...and this is what AUS SP4 places me at. This is where a runway should be.  There is either something wrong with SP4 at this part of Australia, because there appears to be no way that an airport can sit on this land you see here....

Very puzzled....

PNW

nomurray.png

Hi there,

please run the Vector AEC tool as it does contain an elevation adjustment for YMUI that needs to be deactivated. Also, you mention three Vector entries though there are actually four that should be unticked: _OBJ, _APT, _CVX, and _EXX.

It would be rather strange for us to release an Australian airport add-on that is not compatible with our own FTX AU...

The recommended terrain mesh resolution slider setting is 5m though that's not relevant for your specific YMUI issue.

Cheers, Holger

Hi there,

please run the Vector AEC tool as it does contain an elevation adjustment for YMUI that needs to be deactivated. Also, you mention three Vector entries though there are actually four that should be unticked: _OBJ, _APT, _CVX, and _EXX.

It would be rather strange for us to release an Australian airport add-on that is not compatible with our own FTX AU...

The recommended terrain mesh resolution slider setting is 5m though that's not relevant for your specific YMUI issue.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger...yes...I made a typo..there are four Vector..and they are all off. I did run the Vector for P3D and then pressed APPLY to save. I just ran Murray Island in FSX and it came up perfectly...it is the P3D v2 download that will not come up properly in P3D v2.4   I did download the correct one for P3D...and will try again.  Please check out your for-P3D v2 YMUI and see if it loads out properly in P3D.  Thanks....

YMUI most certainly does work flawlessly with AU_SP4 & AU Holgermesh.

c1dd2a1418d39406865d1cb220ba6261.jpg

01c5868b8f32e583e863d8714c43ecbb.jpg

Is this FSX or P3D?

Here is my FSX version of Murray Island Airport coming up...:  It is the dedicated  stand alone P3D 2.0 version that craters out...

FSX:MS

murray.png

Well Holger...success for Murray Island in P3D v2.4

For any other reader...this is what you have to do...the sequence:

1. Make sure that all 4 Vector entries in the Scenery Library are ticked as active

2. Shut down P3D v2.x

3. Install any of the free AUS Freeware airports..including YMUI that was giving me such trouble.

4. NOW...run your VECTOR configurator...and the AEC auto run.

5. After you press APPLY, shut down the P3D v2.0 configurator.

Now fire up P3D V2.x  and YMUI Murray Island will come up just fine.

Then...probably (as Holger said Vector gives AUS SP4 'gas'.....,  go to your Scenery Library and untick all 4 Vector entries, for as long as you wish to fly in Australia.  

That was the ticket for myself.  There is something with Vector that was bashing heads with the P3D version of Murray Island...only that one, and not any of the other freeware Aussie airports.

End of problem.

Never had to untick any Vector file to have MUI in 2.5.

I guess you don't have to...but Holger on this thread, said that Vector does not play nice at times with AUS SP4  as a package/continent.  He suggested to untick Vector, as AUS SP4 already has a built-in road system. That is what he (I take it...) was inferring.  So...whenever I fly in Australia...the first thing that I will do...is go to the Scenery Library and untick the four entries...for the duration of the stay in  Aussie.

Here is my (FINALLY, lol) working YMUI...after I went through my steps above...before that though...nothing but craters, as per the thread pictures.

Holger can marked thread as 'solved'.  It now comes up, fine. It did have something to do with my having Vector for P3D.

goodmurry.png

This may be something that is P3D related, which I dont run, but, just to add to this I run Global 2010 mesh + have Holgers mesh ( as I understand it fsx will sort out the most accurate one to use) anyway the only elev issues, craters etc are corrected by using the Vector cfg tool YMUI is fine in FSX.  I also have all the Vectors boxes ticked & no problems, again I use FSX with DX10. Maybe I am just lucky.

Archived