Terrain Not Level at KPSP

gwhess

I just installed KPSP, and when I started FSX I noticed that most of the terrain containing the runways and taxiways was below the surrounding terrain.  There are also flat hills scattered around the ramp areas.  How do I fix this?

Thank you,

Gary

FSS0387092

For further information, I also have the PSP upgrade that came with the freeware Global Airports package.  Perhaps I should have deleted this first?  If so, could you please provide instructions as to how to do this?

Thank you,

Gary

I also noticed that when I started a flight at Banning, I had the same problem, but when I flew to Palm Springs from Banning, Palm Springs was OK.  Banning is also one of the airports in the Global Airports freeware package, so I am thinking that the payware version is conflicting with the freeware version.  Bermuda Dunes is fine, but it is an airport not included in the freeware package.

Gary

G'day Gary,

The first thing to try would be to run your Vector AEC program and disable the KPSP and KBNG entries - this should fix your problem. If it doesn't, could you please post a screenshot from both airports for us to check out? If you haven't done so before, instructions can found here

Cheers,

Jarrad

Thank you!  I didn't know what "AEC" referred to, as I just acquired a lot of Orbx products during the sale and wasn't totally familiar with some of the features.  I ran the AEC without disabling KPSP and KBNG, since I had never run the AEC before.  Everything is perfect now! 

Thanks Jarrad and Stewart!

I do have one more question.  The instructions for the AEC program state that it should be run each time scenery is activated or deactivated.  Does that mean when I change regions in FTX Central I should rerun AEC?

Gary

• 4 months later...

Archived