KPSP/KUDD Bermuda Dunes airport elevated buildings

B77X

The KPSP scenery package is great, the city and surroundings look beautiful. I have a small problem with KUDD airport, all the surrounding buildings are elevated

When I come in to land I see this to the north side

also happens to most buildings on the south side of the airport too

Ci7deCf.jpg

I am using the freeware Mesh available at the avsim fsx forums, and FSX Acceleration

Also how do I remove all the static airplanes at KUDD, the configuration tool only removes them from KPSP

Did some testing, It doesn't have elevation problems when I start at KUDD airport, but taking off from another airport, like KTNP and coming into KUDD, the buildings around the airport are all elevated.

G'day David,

What you're seeing is a known autogen bug with the FSX engine - you may occasionally find the floating houses/buildings under certain conditions. The best way to fix the issue is to just refresh your scenery library. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

To tack on a piece of info explaining why it only happens when flying to and airport: the bug occurs when FSX/P3D loads autogen and assigns it an altitude. It picks the altitude based on the current mesh LOD when the autogen is loaded. If it is a mountainous area and the autogen loads in the distance while the mesh LOD is still low then the low LOD terrain may vary drastically from the high LOD terrain that loads when the camera gets closer. As a result the altitude is already assigned and the buildings sink or float.

A good (unfortunately) example of this is flying into Skagway vs. flying out of Skagway. The low LOD mesh that loads at a distance while flying in is not detailed enough to display the steep valley Skagway is situated in and so the entire town loads floating into the air.

To tack on a piece of info explaining why it only happens when flying to and airport: the bug occurs when FSX/P3D loads autogen and assigns it an altitude. It picks the altitude based on the current mesh LOD when the autogen is loaded. If it is a mountainous area and the autogen loads in the distance while the mesh LOD is still low then the low LOD terrain may vary drastically from the high LOD terrain that loads when the camera gets closer. As a result the altitude is already assigned and the buildings sink or float.

A good (unfortunately) example of this is flying into Skagway vs. flying out of Skagway. The low LOD mesh that loads at a distance while flying in is not detailed enough to display the steep valley Skagway is situated in and so the entire town loads floating into the air.

Thank you for the explanation. If possible in the future can you create buildings around airports that are not autogen, so the bug is not easily seen when landing?

G'day David,

What you're seeing is a known autogen bug with the FSX engine - you may occasionally find the floating houses/buildings under certain conditions. The best way to fix the issue is to just refresh your scenery library. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

how do I get rid of static aircraft and people at KUDD?

how do I get rid of static aircraft and people at KUDD?

G'day David, because KUDD and KBNG are lite airports, I didn't split the 3D content into separate files like I do with the HD airports. This means that the statics, people and vehicles at these two airports are contained within the same bgl file as the main airport infrastructure, so can't be disabled without switching off the entire airport.

hi,

I also have floating house at NZQN...

how do you do that ?  

thanks..

G'day Mike,

There are a couple of ways to refresh the scenery library; I usually just make a minor change to the FSX scenery library by shifting a scenery layer up or down - be careful what you move though as it may have unintended consequences. Alternatively, you can go to options>controls>assignments, scroll down to "refresh scenery" and assign a keyboard command/input - by default it doesn't have any input defined. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

• 4 years later...

Hey Jarrod,  I have a bit of an issue with KPSP.  I have Orbx Global, OpenLC, SCA, and KPSP installed.  KBGN and KUDD look fine without KPSP installed.  With KPSP installed KPSP looks fine but I have airport anomalies with KUDD and KBNG.  Here are 4 photos.  2 of which with KPSP installed and 2 photos of KUDD and KBNG without KPSP installed.  Any idea how I can make these airports work with KPSP and these other Orbx addons? The last two images are without KPSP installed and you can see they are in much better shape.

Thanks,

Aaron

769217837_BanningField.thumb.jpg.858b2c346c700c07115a1b93bd48b737.jpg

$R7KDTTW.jpg

KBNG wthout PSP.png

KUDD without PSP.jpg

Archived