Saitek LCD Instruments releasing MAY 20!

SBaker

I dont mean to spoil any excitement or anything, but I dont undersand the point of those displays. Whats the difference of just getting an extra LCD display and dragging your whole panel there, and that way it could even support any payware aircraft that has specially programmed gauges.

I have checked these out, they look awesome, big plus is they are FSX native and half the price of go flight modules and look a little bit better too. Ahaka, its all part of the immersion factor, I prefer to flick an actual switch on something vs. clicking a mouse.  I guess its personal preference on what you like really.  I for one will be at least getting 3 of these, I dont really care for the gauges part as that is what I would use an additional monitor for like you suggest but anything clickable I enjoy actually pressing something.

YUK  I'd rather have un-docked pop ups on an LCD screen behind a fake panel simply because it would look more realistic that those instruments I'm afraid.  The radio Panels are pretty good though.

i guess there are ok if u are building a cockpit and cant fit an lcd screen behind the main panel properly , but id imagine they are 50 times the price of wat they cost to make , but that radio panel looks great , my guess for the radio panel will be $600 or near it  :-\ these things get milked.

Is this the item you are referring to?

Posted Image

Any idea how much they are?

Frank

looks like they are about $260 each if you go by the UK prices.

So for that set up of 6 ...$1500

MMMnnn your sitting down arent you fellas. 

Approximately $217 Au  for both the AP Multi and the Radios + freight .

coor just get a gander at this little pile :P ,  Ahh what a dream...........................................

Posted Image

"Poof"  Bugger ....  Ah well back to the real world. 

MMMnnn your sitting down arent you fellas. 

Approximately $217 Au  for both the AP Multi and the Radios + freight .

That sounds reasonable to me... $217 you say... where did you see that MK? I couldn't even find them on the site!

$1500 for six instruments and people bitch about paying 30 bucks for ORBX scenery.

Sort of puts it right in perspective, doesn't it...........

Frank

P.S. I'll probably buy several as I love the saitek products and they will be high quality add-ons, no doubt.

Mozz is right, we were online the other day talking on TS when I got pointed to these gems, bout 217 give or take, I can already get the switcher panel which I think I will get this month, but I definately want 1 each of the others but the instrument ones I am not so keen on.

I already have a Saitek Switch Panel, and have had it mounted to the top of my Saitek Yoke for a few months now. Got it for $99 (US) from the Flightsim.com Pilot Shop. It works great to say the least. As for those individual guage's, I'm not in love with them, as I agree with the LCD concept. BUT, that AP panel and radio panel(s) definately have me intrigued. ;)

I also have the switch panel, and think it is great except for the magneto issue. But, I still cannot find any detail on saitek site around the radio and AP modules :(

I imagine that all of these "add-on" guages are gonna be usb. If that is the case, how do you guys go running out of USB ports?

I'm not talking about the physicality of usb. I have a USB hub, too but the fact that you are limited by the number of ports that are supported in your board.

I have about a dozen items plugged in to my PC and my USB port and now I've run out and have to juggle (pulling out printers) when I want to fly and such.

Any thoughts?

Frank

P.S. Sorry to bring this up here, should have created another thread, but it does pertain to items such as these

Posted Image

Frank

IGN.COM says $99 (I assume US dollars) and it comes as 3 instruments in a row. So that setup above would be $200 (US) for 6 gauges. And a software development kit will be shipped with it too meaning you can make your own gauge. Sounds pretty sharp to me!

Wade

Ok scratch what I just said, I should have checked Saitek.com first. And they are sold individually. So 99 bucks would buy one, 6 would be 600 bucks (again in US dollars presumptly). Oh well still seems like an alright idea.

Wade

I put the Pounds Stirling into my Banks Foreign Currency Exchange Calculator :)

What Magneto issue Gurdy  My Switch Panel works like a charm.

MK

If i switch it to right mag to test it is ok .. but if i switch to left mag it switches to off in the sim

G'day Gurdy,

There were new drivers released for the unit which fixed a number of issues including this one I believe.

I found a link to it in their forums some time ago but I expect you would find it on their site somewhere.

G'day Gurdy,

There were new drivers released for the unit which fixed a number of issues including this one I believe.

I found a link to it in their forums some time ago but I expect you would find it on their site somewhere.

Thanks Rossco .. I am in the middle of doing a reinstall as I have updated my Win7beta to Win7RC .. so I will download them.. along with the new TrackIR V5 drivers

I have the switch panel...and it is a fabulous piece of kit...

Also have a radio panel on order...

As for compatability...These are mainly aimed at the Single engine market...and lets be honest thats why we are all here...

VFR rules.... ;D

Posted Image

Frank

IGN.COM says $99 (I assume US dollars) and it comes as 3 instruments in a row. So that setup above would be $200 (US) for 6 gauges. And a software development kit will be shipped with it too meaning you can make your own gauge. Sounds pretty sharp to me!

Wade

Looks like I was spot on .. PC Aviator have got them for $259.95AUD each...

• 2 weeks later...

I have the switch panel...and it is a fabulous piece of kit...

Also have a radio panel on order...

As for compatability...These are mainly aimed at the Single engine market...and lets be honest thats why we are all here...

VFR rules.... ;D

Dave

Where did you order the radio panel? I cannot find it anywhere on the web :)

Archived