LGKF - Kefallinia - Dolphins on approach and water on runway

Having a couple of little issues with this airport when all settings are maxed out.

Texture resolution set at 15 or 7 cm gives me water all around the runway, apron and fields.

Reduce resolution to 30 cm and the water disappears. Yeah  ::)

BUT - on closer inspection I have a pod of dolphins swimming and jumping in the fields about 200 metres short of the Rwy14 threshold.

FTX Global - No Mesh - No Vector - Freeware Europe Airports latest pack.

Any ideas ?

(nVidia GTX 970)

Texture resolution 15cm or 7cm

Texture7cm.jpg

Dolphins

DolphinsonRwy14approach.jpg

Hi Tony

It may not help you much but no problem for me at LGKF with the whole set installed : Global, Vector, mesh and OpenLC + the freeware airport . Just took off to LIRI without a hitch.

Haven't you had the freeware Greek Coastlines and/or LGKF (not OrbX one, the other one) installed before by any chance ?

Thank you dominique - installing Vector solved all the problems, it dramatically alters the coastline and the dolphins are now back in the sea.

I am doing a complete re-install and prefer to leave Vector till last so I can check other sceneries have installed correctly.

Thank you dominique - installing Vector solved all the problems, it dramatically alters the coastline and the dolphins are now back in the sea.

I am doing a complete re-install and prefer to leave Vector till last so I can check other sceneries have installed correctly.

When I have to do a reinstall, I reinstall Vector after I've reinstalled Global Base, just to avoid this type of problem.

Hi Tony,

Welcome to our forums.

All my EU freeware packs are designed to blend with Vector and Open landclass.

I am aware that those who don't have these products installed may encounter problems especially with coastlines that are really not accurate with default terrain but unfortunately I cannot do much about that.

Glad it's sorted out for you and I wish you many happy flights over FTX world.

Archived