Getting P3d dialed in

ShawnG

I thought I would deep six my FSX and P3d installations and start fresh.  FSX:se for the Heavies with global and big airports, and p3d for GA with all the regions.

Oh. My. God.

I have now been working on installing addons, tweaking settings, modifying panels, installing repaints,  fixing elevation issues, diagnosing new problems, buying new addons, and generally not having very much fun for like the last month.

and I'm still not done, sigh.

anyway p3d looks amazing and I was able to take a few snaps on some of my many, many testing flights.  enjoy!

2015-5-12_1-43-17-681.jpg

2014-12-21_23-20-53-753.jpg

2015-5-13_0-18-51-153.jpg

2015-5-13_0-23-9-783.jpg

2015-5-18_23-41-31-623.jpg

Hi Shawn, after months of hesitations, finally I switched to P3D (v 2.5). Well, I'll never come back to FSX or FSX SE. Volumetric clouds, shadows in the cockpit, crisp colours, an intelligent usage of the graphic card - with consequent many, many less OOM -, no blurring landscapes when flying jets at low altitude. And, apart for the incredible, awful colour of the water and the very missed FS Recorder, I think there's no room to compare the two simulators.

You are in good company, Shawn. I made the plunge from FSX to P3D 2.5 last month after experiencing too many crashes in FSX, but so far I didn't bother yet to get also FSX SE up and running.. It took me the better part of three weeks to get everything sorted out. Now I am almost done. What a difference! No more crashes, crisper visibility, cockpit shadows etc etc. I love it and won't look back. 

Archived