FTX removing OZx Scenery from FSX

Lance Arnold

I am having a problem with FTX removing OZx from the scenery listing. This occurs whenever I add a new ORBx FTX scenery to FSX, and also when I change regions within FTX Central. I am continually having to re-instal all OZx scenery folders to FSX.

I was putting up with this ever since I first added FTX scenery, but I am over this and would love an answer as to why FTX is removing OZx scenery and how can I prevent it from occuring again. Hopefully someone else has experienced this problem and has a solution for me.

Thanks,

Lance.

Hi Lance,

That's a strange thing, are you absolutely sure FTX is removing the entries rather than placing them somewhere further down the list?

As long as OZx puts the required script files in "\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\" (i.e. "scenerylib_!OZx.cfg", "scenerylib_!OZx_LIB.cfg" and possibly "scenerylib_!OZx_NA.cfg"), FTX Central always adds OXz correctly to scenery.cfg in my install.

Cheers,

Tym

We may have hit upon the problem.

I have no OZx scripts showing in "...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\". I also found no scripts in the "...OZx/scripts" folder except for cleanup files for OZX3.1 and OZx3.2.

Any ideas on how I need to proceed from here to locate the scripts? Or do I need to uninstal all OZx and reinstall them?

My file structure:-

...Microsoft Games\

- Microsoft Flight Simulator X\

- ORBX\

- OZx\

- OZx_World\

FTX Central is not moving them to a lower priority but is removing all OZx ( and only OZx files ) from the Scenery Library.

Hi,

You may try reinstalling OZx, unfortunately I don't remember which update added the scripts... Have you installed all the updates (OZx_AUS_v3.0 through OZx_AUS_v3.4)? Before you uninstall/reinstall,

check PM... ;)

Tym

Archived