ORBX FSX sceneries in P3D2 / Australia in P3D2

DeeJay

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to ask if I can install those products that are not officially P3D2 compatible yet into P3D2 using a migration tool without any bad consequences. There are quite a few airports where this is the case. However I would like to use them anyway risking that they are not working 100% in P3D2. Can I just do that or do I damage any "true" P3D2 installations (effects, textures,...) with that? And: If a P3D2 Version of one of those airports is out in future can I just install this over the existing FSX Installation?

Second question is about Australia: I bought all 4 regions some years ago. Now that there are new triple installers, I wanted to download the regions again like I did with all the other products. However the 4 Australian regions are shown at a file size of "0" at FSS. They can still be downloaded, but when installing there is only a choice between FSX and Prepar3D v1. What's up there? Shouldn't they all be compatible with P3D2, as shown below??

https://fullterrain.com/sim/p3dv2

Just wanted to ask if I can install those products that are not officially P3D2 compatible yet into P3D2 using a migration tool without any bad consequences. 

Just be aware that you do this at your own risk, ORBX won't give you support for sceneries not P3D v2 compatible.

I've already heard of this package. But what does that mean for someone who has already bought all 4 of the regions before? Does that mean I have to purchase the whole package again for P3D2 compatibility??

Just be aware that you do this at your own risk, ORBX won't give you support for sceneries not P3D v2 compatible.

I am aware of this. If anything doesn't work there I certainly won't complain. But it would be very useful to have a little comment like  either"...the airports only copy their files into their own folders, so at least it shouldn't destroy anything of the existing P3D2 stuff..."   or something like  "...in any case this will overwrite several things and there is a high chance of destroying effects, lights, vegetation, configuration files,..." - as ORBX know best what the structures of their sceneries are like.

You don't need to re-purchase if you have the separate regions. Just log into your FSS account and add the "Orbx - FTX: Australia SP4 Download" package to your cart. On checkout, it should be AU$ 0.00.

Tym

But it would be very useful to have a little comment like  either"...the airports only copy their files into their own folders, so at least it shouldn't destroy anything of the existing P3D2 stuff..."

Because it isn't supported, I can't post that information on the forum, sorry...  ;)  ;)

You don't need to re-purchase if you have the separate regions. Just log into your FSS account and add the "Orbx - FTX: Australia SP4 Download" package to your cart. On checkout, it should be AU$ 0.00.

Tym

OK, thanks for the info!

Because it isn't supported, I can't post that information on the forum, sorry...  ;)  ;)

I didn't know "not supported" means "forbidden to talk about" though^^ :-p ...unless there is a seperate P3D2 licence at an extra charge which is not the case at ORBX products.

Archived