FTX PNW - Fort Lewis

Ripcord

Been working on adding a little military AI to my Fort Lewis Gray AAF KGRF, and was doing a little advance recon of the area, to find some suitable landing zones.

Imagine my surprise when I flew down over the live fire range area (it sure looks like one in Google Earth) and saw some live fire exercises doing on. Ok it's probably just some flashes and smoke and dirt cloud effects, but it sure looked credit for FSX/P3D.

Did ORBX do this? Very impressed, if that is the case.

FtLewis1.png

FtLewis2.png

FtLewis3.png

If not, then I'm not sure how that got in there.

Greetings

ORBX has Easter eggs all over there FTX enhanced areas. Some have real knocked my socks off places  little known details and nuances that will amaze you. Have fun hunting.....

Dreamer

PS its what really sets them apart and miles ahead

Greetings

ORBX has Easter eggs all over there FTX enhanced areas. Some have real knocked my socks off places  little known details and nuances that will amaze you. Have fun hunting.....

Dreamer

PS its what really sets them apart and miles ahead

+1 - Maybe they were shooting at you Ripcord for nosing around their airspace . >:(8):o:lol:

Brad

Hi guys,

the military vehicles and artillery shell blast effects (including sounds) were added by Matthew with the PNW SP2 back in 2010. If I remember correctly the effects only occur between 11AM and noon local time.

Cheers, Holger

• 2 years later...

I just showed my son, an Army Captain who has been to Ft Lewis, this scenery and arty effects.  He said something about flying over a range during a live fire artillary exercise was frowned upon and that I should expect a phone call from the battery command and the range safety officer.

He also said the scenery was just as he remembers it! :)

Archived