Freeze-up of simulation at touchdown

Bermuda425

Hi forum,

there is an annoying issue on my FSX which I would like to eliminate as soon as possible. However, searching the internet didn't help me further, maybe someone here can assist me.

Every time the wheels of my airplanes touch the ground FSX freezes up for approximately 3 seconds or longer. When the simulation continues, those 3 seconds have been skipped and only later happenings (e.g. slowing down on the runway) are shown. It doesn't matter which plane I use nor at which location I land and frame rates are always above 30 fps too.

What I've already tried to solve this problem:

- changed sound device from primary to sound card driver

- changed graphics settings and texture max load

Turning sound off via Q key fixed the problem, but how can I fix it and still have sound?

Thanks very much for all helpful answers!

Hi Bermuda425,

May I take a crack at your little issue, I have not got this problem myself. I note you don't mention PMDG aircraft necessarily but with all aircraft and airports, and say it happens when on touchdown, it would seem to relate to the runway surface effect, so did a little research and found this Topic, http://forum.avsim.net/topic/419239-touchdown-lag/ the consensus is that it could be a skidmark or touchdown effect in your effects folder causing the "Freeze / lag".

You should re-enable your sound as normal, making sure that your sound device is correctly selected in the FSX Settings > Other settings > Sound setup  > "Windows Sound Devices". Then EXIT the sim.

and go to your "\effects" folder  find " fx_skidmark.fx " and remove it to a safe place for storage & testing. If found not to be the culprit then can easily be placed back into the effects folder. Restart your sim and try the touchdown scenario/s again to check the freeze behaviour has ceased.

Hope this sees you touching down with confidence.

Jeff - you beat me to it. All I can add to that is that maybe the sound file that the .fx file calls has gone AWOL (or got corrupted) somehow.

Adam.

Thankyou Adam

Yes I agree, a missing/corrupt sound file in association could be at the heart of the issue, very difficult to trackdown though, would be great to know if removing the effect file has stopped the freeze.

Wave files would be for ( hard surface - bmtouch1.wav -through- bmtouch12.wav  &  cmtouch1.wav -through- cmtouch8.wav ) while (touchca - cd  touchla - ld  touchra - rd  are all related to dirt strip landing). Not sure if any addon modifies or replaces these Simulator default .wav files.

Jeff - I'm not sure whether removing the effect would stop the freeze - as the sim will still try to find it (hence the pause).Maybe copying (temporarily) and renaming the offending .fx files with others (not related to touchdown) might do it - ensuring to keep proper backups (!!).

I have Accufeel installed - which (I think) gives different sound for brakes/tire screech - so it's possible that my default touchdown sounds have changed (haven't checked). It may be worth bernuda425 checking if Accufeel (or suchlike) has changed things. It's possible that removing an add-on like that removed the relevant touchdown files and didn't restore the default ones <?>.

Adam.

Hi Jeff and Adam,

I'm really glad about your quick replies to my problem!

After moving the fx_skidmark.fx to another location and renaming it fx_skidmark.fxinactive I flew some traffic patterns at KFME Tipton Airport but the freeze was still there. Then I flew one pattern with mute key Q enabled and thus suspended the freeze. Finally I turned sound on again and all my following touchdowns were freeze-free! I tried landing at several airports e.g. KEVY Summit Airport, W48 Essex Skypark Airport and KMYR Myrtle Beach Airport - no freeze anymore. However, I'm not sure yet whether this solution is persistent, because it's quiet odd that the freeze only stopped after turning sound on and off. Therefore I'd like to make some more testing and let you know next week.

Apart from that, I dont't have Accufeel or similar products installed. Except from those addons listed in my signature and Global Freeware Airports my FSX is still quiet default.

Greetings,

I think you got the logic of it slightly the wrong way around ;) Do what you did for fx_skidmark.fx but then copy any other .fx file (preferably not anything to do with touchdowns) and rename it to fx_skidmark.fx. That way, you get a working effect (of some kind) at touchdown. You may need to do this for all the .fx files concerned with touchdowns - if there are any others, that is (not sure). If no freezes, then re-introduce the old ones one by one until you get them. This should give you the culprit.

Hopefully, once you've isolated the "baddie" all you need to do is find a fresh original - from an old backup or ask here. I'm not sure whether mine are default, as I use Accufeel.

Adam.

Okay, I think now I understand what you tried to explain. Would fx_lakewaves.fx be an appropiate file to copy and rename it fx_skidmark.fx? And how do I make out other touchdown related effects, because just like fx_skidmark.fx not all of them have the word tchdown in their title? I only found: fx_tchdrt.fx; fx_tchdwn_m.fx; fx_tchdwn.fx and fx_tchdwn_s.fx

Okay, I think now I understand what you tried to explain. Would fx_lakewaves.fx be an appropiate file to copy and rename it fx_skidmark.fx? And how do I make out other touchdown related effects, because just like fx_skidmark.fx not all of them have the word tchdown in their title? I only found: fx_tchdrt.fx; fx_tchdwn_m.fx; fx_tchdwn.fx and fx_tchdwn_s.fx

Yep - fx_lakewaves.fx sounds innocent enough! I think those other three are certainly worth trying (I honestly don't know!). I think there may be some smoke/spray effects that happen when the wheels hit the ground - again, I don't really know what they are, but it worth taking a look. Some of them may be graphics-only effects, so you may need to look into every suspected .fx file to see if they reference sound files. The .fx files can be opened with any basic text editor.

Best of luck!

Adam.

Hi Bermuda425,

May I suggest if you are going to proceed further, toward making other changes, from my original intent, (testing the effect on the freeze / lag by temporarily removing to a safe location your " fx_skidmark.fx ")  you fully understand the testing involved is to isolate a difficult to find individual. Therefore I suggest that before you rename/remove any files, you make a list and also make a copy of the original to a new folder outside the effects folder so that you can restore your effects folder to the way it was originally.

If the test does not reveal the culprit immediately please restore the original .fx file. Any renaming of other substituted effects (.fx) will produce a different and possibly new undesirable effect in your simulator when triggered by an event.

If you did not see any positive results with my line of test, then please discontinue, there must be another unknown cause to your issue.

@Jeff - won't removing the fx_skidmark.fx file trigger the same problem - as FS then pauses while it searches for a non-existent [fx] file <?>. Genuine question!

The other possibility is that one of the touchdown .wav files is missing or corrupt, I just checked my FSX: I have 12 files (touch***.wav) - all dated 12/05/2006.

@Bermuda425 - maybe try checking those dates - and playing each of them in Windows to see if one of them is stuffed up for some reason. Also, maybe check your sound card settings to see if you haven't got the quality set unnecessarily high.

Adam.

Hi Adam,

Genuine answer - Well yes and no, the effect afaik is only related to the black mark left behind when a plane's tyres touch the tarmac or create enough virtual friction to induce the black mark. I don't believe any harm can be caused by its temporary removal.

The environment that I was hoping to induce was either a situation where the effect was not called or indeed not found and therefore no freeze. afaik (by removing/testing myself) the effect won't induce an error in the sim, it goes unnoticed.  I was just hoping to confirm if the effect was corrupt in some way. Wasn't as simple as I had hoped, Oh well it was just me being optimistic with a possible solution, I don't think I'm on the right track after all.

I get this freeze big time at KWVI Watsonville on Monterey Bay, landing on runway 20 at touch down.  I don't seem to have this freeze at other airports.  I have NCA with Moss Landing and Monterey Airport installed.  Haven't been able to get to the cause.  Anyone want to try landing at this airport?  At least I would know it's my setup.

I feel your pain Bermuda.

Edit:  Guess I should mention I'm using P3D but I doubt the cause is any different.

Hi Adam,

Genuine answer - Well yes and no, the effect afaik is only related to the black mark left behind when a plane's tyres touch the tarmac or create enough virtual friction to induce the black mark. I don't believe any harm can be caused by its temporary removal.

The environment that I was hoping to induce was either a situation where the effect was not called or indeed not found and therefore no freeze. afaik (by removing/testing myself) the effect won't induce an error in the sim, it goes unnoticed.

If your sim doesn't freeze after you removed the .fx file, then that does help (I think!!). Aren't there other effects related to landing/touchdown though? Like the spray/smoke effects <?>.

I get this freeze big time at KWVI Watsonville on Monterey Bay, landing on runway 20 at touch down.  I don't seem to have this freeze at other airports.  I have NCA with Moss Landing and Monterey Airport installed.  Haven't been able to get to the cause.  Anyone want to try landing at this airport?  At least I would know it's my setup.

Edit:  Guess I should mention I'm using P3D but I doubt the cause is any different.

I have NCA (in FSX and P3D) but sadly no Monterey add-on, so can't set that one up. I don't seem to get this freeze anywhere. Is KWVI part of the add-on?

Adam.

I have NCA (in FSX and P3D) but sadly no Monterey add-on, so can't set that one up. I don't seem to get this freeze anywhere. Is KWVI part of the add-on?

Adam.

KWVI is just an enhanced airport in NCA.  You don't need to have the Monterey add-on.  Just before the first turnoff on Runway 20 I get a big pause or hang for a second.  From further testing it's not just a touchdown pause, it also happens on take-off and and happened when I did a low fly-by down the runway.  Now I'm not sure what's causing the problem.

KWVI is just an enhanced airport in NCA.  You don't need to have the Monterey add-on.  Just before the first turnoff on Runway 20 I get a big pause or hang for a second.  From further testing it's not just a touchdown pause, it also happens on take-off and and happened when I did a low fly-by down the runway.  Now I'm not sure what's causing the problem.

Thanks for the info. I trundled up and down the runway, explored all the exits and did a few touch and go's ... all were OK. No stutters, pauses ... nothing. This was in P3D. I have NCA and had Accufeel active at the time. So ... the detective story goes on!

Adam.

Hi,

Just a clue for investigation: when experiencing crash with a media file such as .wav, that means corruption of some audio codecs. So make a checkup in this way. Some codec packages or malwares can make big troubles.

Hi Bermuda425,

May I suggest if you are going to proceed further, toward making other changes, from my original intent, (testing the effect on the freeze / lag by temporarily removing to a safe location your " fx_skidmark.fx ")  you fully understand the testing involved is to isolate a difficult to find individual. Therefore I suggest that before you rename/remove any files, you make a list and also make a copy of the original to a new folder outside the effects folder so that you can restore your effects folder to the way it was originally.

If the test does not reveal the culprit immediately please restore the original .fx file. Any renaming of other substituted effects (.fx) will produce a different and possibly new undesirable effect in your simulator when triggered by an event.

If you did not see any positive results with my line of test, then please discontinue, there must be another unknown cause to your issue.

Thanks Jeff for your explanation. I've now made a backup of my original effects folder and created a list where I'm noting all modifications. The only file I have yet removed from the effects folder is fx_skidmark.fx like you suggested; this helped a lot because since I've done this there weren't any freezes at touchdown. I'll try some more touchdowns in the next few days to see if the problem is solved, otherwise I'll handle the other suggestions which have been posted here.

@Jeff - won't removing the fx_skidmark.fx file trigger the same problem - as FS then pauses while it searches for a non-existent [fx] file <?>. Genuine question!

The other possibility is that one of the touchdown .wav files is missing or corrupt, I just checked my FSX: I have 12 files (touch***.wav) - all dated 12/05/2006.

@Bermuda425 - maybe try checking those dates - and playing each of them in Windows to see if one of them is stuffed up for some reason. Also, maybe check your sound card settings to see if you haven't got the quality set unnecessarily high.

Adam.

Hi,

Just a clue for investigation: when experiencing crash with a media file such as .wav, that means corruption of some audio codecs. So make a checkup in this way. Some codec packages or malwares can make big troubles.

Today I opened all sound files that are somehow related to touchdown with Windows Media Player, but there weren't any anomalies. Each file opened quickly and the sound was fluid and clear. If there are more possibilities to check those sound files please let me know.

I tried flying around and landing at KWVI without having NCA installed and didn't experience freezes. According to your descriptions I could imagine that the freeze you are experiencing is somehow related to the 2-box VASI lights which are positioned on the left of Runway 20 shortly before the first turnoff.

Many thanks for your efforts!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi again,

just a short status report of mine:

11 May 2015: fx_skidmark.fx relocated und renamed fx_skidmark.fxinactive
18 May 2015: fx_lakewaves.fx copied and renamed fx_skidmark.fx; process reverted, because of lakewaves around plane at touchdown and braking

20 May 2015: Orbx_PF2_Jackhammer.fx copied and renamed fx_skidmark.fx; process reverted, because of severe error at braking
20 May 2015: fx_tchdwn_s.fx copied and renamed fx_skidmark.fx; process reverted, because of continuous touchdown smoke at braking
20 May 2015: fx_tchdrt.fx copied and renamed fx_skidmark.fx; process reverted, because of continuous blow up of dust at braking
20 May 2015: fx_GenevaFountain.fx copied and renamed fx_skidmark.fx

Since then there were only very few freeze-ups at touchdown, so I'm still experimenting.

Greetings,

• 4 weeks later...

Here is another update, unfortunately the problem isn't solved yet. :(

12 June 2015: Last process reverted, because freeze-up still appears

12 June 2015: Moved correct UIAutomationCore.dll to my FSX root folder, because I had an issue with menu bar crashes; menu bar crashes fixed
15 June 2015: fx_skidmark.fxinactive renamed fx_skidmark.fx and moved back to effects folder; original state restored

Next I'll try removing other touchdown related effects like fx_tchdrt.fx; fx_tchdwn_m.fx; fx_tchdwn.fx and fx_tchdwn_s.fx and see if the freeze stops.

Greetings,

• 2 weeks later...

Still no solution, here's the next update:

02 July 2015: fx_skidmark.fx relocated und renamed fx_skidmark.fxinactive; no solution
02 July 2015 fx_skidmark.fxinactive copied, deleted content, renamed fx_skidmark.fx and moves to effects folder; process reverted, because no solution
03 July 2015: fx_tchdrt.fx removed; no solution
03 July 2015: fx_tchdrt.fx deleted content and moved to effects; process reverted, because no solution; original state restored
03 July 2015: fx_tchdwn_m.fx, fx_tchdwn.fx und fx_tchdwn_s.fx removed, no solution; deleted content and moved to effects; process reverted, because no solution; original state restored
09 July 2015: fsx.cfg deleted and let FSX build new one; no solution

Next I'll try removing some touchdown related sound files.

Greetings,

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody,

I found the problem:

Whenever a sound file is played, e.g. ATC calls, touchdown, flaps or gear sound, it takes a short moment until the specific file is opened, thus the freeze. I think this is the cause, because the freeze appears not only on touchdown but also when other sounds like those above are used. When I play sound files outside of FSX in Windows Media Player the loading process can be seen clearly.

Does someone of you have a suggestion to solve this freeze?

Greetings,

Hi everybody,

I found the problem:

Whenever a sound file is played, e.g. ATC calls, touchdown, flaps or gear sound, it takes a short moment until the specific file is opened, thus the freeze. I think this is the cause, because the freeze appears not only on touchdown but also when other sounds like those above are used. When I play sound files outside of FSX in Windows Media Player the loading process can be seen clearly.

Does someone of you have a suggestion to solve this freeze?

Greetings,

Hi,

To be sure the sound are the culprit is to update your audio codecs. Do it and let us know :)

Thanks, how can I update them?

There are many ways so no special advice. The easiest is to make a request on Google with the keywords "update audio codecs"

There are many ways so no special advice. The easiest is to make a request on Google with the keywords "update audio codecs"

I found this page, where I could run the 64bits Vista, Windows7, Windows8, Windows8.1, Windows10 Driver only (Executable file)

But won't there be any harms to my system after running te file?

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false#1

That's from official Realtek so it should be fine. Just beware of unsticking unwanted options during the install process

Hi everybody,

updating Realtek HD audio codecs didn't help at all, freezes are still there. Besides my notebook's sound is kind of messed up concerning quality and volume which is why I'm going to restore my original sound driver.

The problem is that whenever a sound file is played within FSX, e.g. ATC calls, touchdown sound, flaps, gear or pressing buttons sound, a freeze appears. This freeze appears in each flight about 80% of the time.

Here's a complete summary of what I've already tried to eliminate this problem:

April 2015: changed sound device from primary to sound card driver; changed graphics settings and texture max load

11 May 2015: fx_skidmark.fx relocated und renamed fx_skidmark.fxinactive
18 May 2015: fx_lakewaves.fx copied and renamed fx_skidmark.fx; process reverted, because of lakewaves around plane at touchdown and braking

20 May 2015: Orbx_PF2_Jackhammer.fx copied and renamed fx_skidmark.fx; process reverted, because of severe error at braking
20 May 2015: fx_tchdwn_s.fx copied and renamed fx_skidmark.fx; process reverted, because of continuous touchdown smoke at braking
20 May 2015: fx_tchdrt.fx copied and renamed fx_skidmark.fx; process reverted, because of continuous blow up of dust at braking
20 May 2015: fx_GenevaFountain.fx copied and renamed fx_skidmark.fx

12 June 2015: Last process reverted, because freeze-up still appears

12 June 2015: Moved correct UIAutomationCore.dll to my FSX root folder, because I had an issue with menu bar crashes; menu bar crashes fixed
15 June 2015: fx_skidmark.fxinactive renamed fx_skidmark.fx and moved back to effects folder; original state restored

02 July 2015: fx_skidmark.fx relocated und renamed fx_skidmark.fxinactive; no solution
02 July 2015 fx_skidmark.fxinactive copied, deleted content, renamed fx_skidmark.fx and moves to effects folder; process reverted, because no solution
03 July 2015: fx_tchdrt.fx removed; no solution
03 July 2015: fx_tchdrt.fx deleted content and moved to effects; process reverted, because no solution; original state restored
03 July 2015: fx_tchdwn_m.fx, fx_tchdwn.fx und fx_tchdwn_s.fx removed, no solution; deleted content and moved to effects; process reverted, because no solution; original state restored
09 July 2015: fsx.cfg deleted and let FSX build new one; no solution

12 July 2015: bmtouch1.wav - bmtouch12.wav removed out of sound folder; process reverted, I think this fixed touchdown freeze with small GA aircraft like the Cessna 172SP only partially; original state restored

21 July 2015: Realtek HD audio codecs updated; no solution, (not yet) restored original sound driver

I highly appreciate your support to help me fix the freeze! Greetings,

I've experimented some more in the past week, but still no solution.

02 August 2015: Restored previous sound driver, because of sound issues after codec update; no solution, sound issues still there

02 August 2015: Automatic sound driver update; no solution, sound issues still there

03 August 2015: Installed sound driver from ASUS website fitting with my notebook; sound issues solved, freeze still there; original state restored

Additional info: Muting the simulation via Q fixes the the touchdown freeze, however, freezes before ATC calls are still remaining.

Does someone of you know advice?

Greetings,

• 5 weeks later...

09 August 2015: Checked on Direct X issues using NetFxRepairTool.exe: 1) Reregister Windows Installer service (Unregisters and re-registers the Windows Installer service using MsiExec.exe. Applicable regardless of the diagnosis results.) 2) Restart Windows Installer service (Stops and restarts the Windows Installer service. Applicable regardless of the diagnosis results.)

This issue is really persistent and what is weird is that it just appeared instead of being present from the beginning, something must have gone wrong :mellow: . FSX + addons are on D: while everything else is on OS (C:), could this maybe be related to the problem?

Greetings,

try this,

right click on small speaker lower taskbar.

select playback devices.

click on speakers with green tick, ( ie. what your using ).. select properties.

select Advanced,

from pull down list,  change to 16bit 48000 hz  DVD Quality.

Ok and exit.

Reason:  a recent windows update changed the direct sound of direct X somehow, and most noticed on FSX Steam version, some issues reported,

lowering the above setting seemed to work on some things.

worth a try,

Ron.

Many thanks for the suggestion Ron! I've just tried it, but no fix neither on ATC calls nor touchdown freeze.

Nevertheless, I welcome all suggestions and ideas that could solve this.

Greetings.

try this,

right click on small speaker lower taskbar.

select playback devices.

click on speakers with green tick, ( ie. what your using ).. select properties.

select Advanced,

from pull down list,  change to 16bit 48000 hz  DVD Quality.

Ok and exit.

Reason:  a recent windows update changed the direct sound of direct X somehow, and most noticed on FSX Steam version, some issues reported,

lowering the above setting seemed to work on some things.

worth a try,

Ron.

Have you looked in Event viewer to see if the freeze or crash is being logged?

usually in Admin tools, but there is another way to look at the events, which lists specific programs, and is easier than trolling through events to find some related to FSX.

1. open control panel. (or just type action centre in search)
2. Select action centre
3. Select Maintenance pull down tab.
4. From drop down options, select ‘view reliability history’
5. A graph type thing will appear, down the bottom, select ‘view all problem reports’
6. A list will appear with easy to read sections on everything, including FSX with Icons to help identify which program.
7. Under the FSX icon should be the listed errors, double click on each.

Maybe there is a specific item repeated which might give a clue.

I found something similar, which related to 'simconnect'  being corrupted,

http://atr.flight1.net/forums/atr-crashing-fsx-sp1-on-landing_topic3681.html

The poster reported that as soon as he heard the 'chirp' of tyres, the sim froze.

Hope this helps,

Ron.

Hi Ron,

thanks very much for your tip!

The only two problem reports in the list are from 04 May 2015 and indicate a crash, which I cannot remember. There's nothing else :wacko: 

Greetings

Have you looked in Event viewer to see if the freeze or crash is being logged?

usually in Admin tools, but there is another way to look at the events, which lists specific programs, and is easier than trolling through events to find some related to FSX.

1. open control panel. (or just type action centre in search)
2. Select action centre
3. Select Maintenance pull down tab.
4. From drop down options, select ‘view reliability history’
5. A graph type thing will appear, down the bottom, select ‘view all problem reports’
6. A list will appear with easy to read sections on everything, including FSX with Icons to help identify which program.
7. Under the FSX icon should be the listed errors, double click on each.

Maybe there is a specific item repeated which might give a clue.

I found something similar, which related to 'simconnect'  being corrupted,

http://atr.flight1.net/forums/atr-crashing-fsx-sp1-on-landing_topic3681.html

The poster reported that as soon as he heard the 'chirp' of tyres, the sim froze.

Hope this helps,

Ron.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everybody,

in the last weeks I made some more investigation:

03 September 2015: Switched audio bit depth and sampling rate to higher and lower settings; no solution
03 September 2015: Checked reliability history; no problem reports concerning FSX
10 September 2015: Exchanged sound.dll in FSX main directory with a fresh one; no solution
15 September 2015: Tried this http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10031; process reverted, because no solution
16 September 2015: Created a fresh installation of FSX; issue still present, so it's unlikely that some addon or corrupt file is the cause of the freeze
17 September 2015: Returned to original FSX installation; saved additional installation as backup on another harddrive, original state restored
21 September 2015: Upgraded to Windows 10; no solution

Additional info: My default sound file opener is Windows Media Player. I notice a short loading period each time I open a new sound file so maybe this causes the freeze. Further, muting the simulation via Q fixes the the touchdown freeze, however, freezes before ATC calls are still remaining.

Greetings,

To make the list complete, these are my last entries:

18 September 2015: Removed UIAutomationCore.dll from FSX directory; process reverted, because no solution
18 September 2015: In "Choose how to report problems" I switched to "Never check for solutions (not recommended)"; process reverted, because no solution, original state restored
21 September 2015: Upgraded to Windows 10; no solution
27 September 2015: Switched Audio Wizard Sound enhancement to OFF; process reverted, because no solution
28 September 2015: In BIOS under Security > USB Interface Security I locked all four components: External Ports, BlueTooth, CMOS Camera and Card Reader; process reverted, because no solution
28 September 2015: Locked complete USB Interface Security; changed legacy usb from enabled to auto, so that unused usb slots are disabled; process reverted, because no solution, original state restored

All additional information:

1) FSX + addons are on D: while everything else is on OS (C:), could this maybe be related to the problem?
2) My default sound file opener is Windows Media Player. I notice a short loading period each time I open a new sound file so maybe this causes the freeze. Further, muting the simulation via Q fixes the the touchdown freeze, however, freezes before ATC calls are still remaining.
3) The ATC call freeze is completely independent from FPS, it appears even at 100+ FPS, but during the freeze, FPS decreases about ca. 10 FPS. The touchdown freeze behaves differently: It is more likely to vanish or become shorter at higher FPS, but sometimes it still appears even at 100+ FPS.

4) When I touchdown several times shortly after another on the same surface like asphalt the freeze disappears, but when leaving the runway and touching the grass next to it, the freeze again appears.

• 2 weeks later...

According to this topic http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/104012-nvidia-user-stutters-in-your-simit-might-be-worth-giving-this-a-go/ I've tried to disable HD Audio, however, without success.

12 August 2015: In device manager disabled NVIDIA High Definition Audio and NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM); process reverted, because no solution

Greetings,

Archived