Trees and Buildings on Airports, Terrain covers parts of Runways

rbanks

I am starting to get trees and autogen buildings covering areas between runways and taxiways as well as some trees and buildings on runways as well.  This is happening now in the Lake Tahoe / Reno area but I have experienced it in other places.

Flying in northern Europe I also have had terrain covering the runways and taxiways making for a very frustrating flight experience.

Is it possible I have the terrain sequence incorrect?  I have tried to put all terrain as has been suggested starting with the base, vector, FS Global meshes, OpenClass, Regions, then the airports yet I still am having these issues.

Thanks in advance!

I have experienced the same in MUHA Havana today, trees and weird terrain on Taxi way and in the grassed areas between runways and taxi ways.  I have tried flipping regions back and forth but to no avail.  Any suggestions appreciated.

Still trying to troubleshoot this issue.

Do I understand correctly according to your FTX Definitive Guide, vol. 2, if I have a full region installed that I do not need to have FTX Vector activated in the scenery.cfg file?

Reinstalled FTX Vector 1.2 - it did resolve the building and trees issue somehow.  The scenery.cfg order is the same so that did not change it.  I still have blue standing water in some airports that butt up next to taxiways and aprons.  Orbx help sure is quiet ...

I activated CRM region above Vector and get huge depressions at some airports where I used to get buildings and trees, in the areas between taxiways and runways (at KBOI and KEUL.  I try to run Vector's AEC tool and get an exception error:  "Cannot create a file when that file already exsist".  Off to the Vector's area of the forum for research ...

Simulator maintenance is getting to be a full-time job.

Did a complete reinstall of CRM region.  Got another message from Vector saying it could not write because file already exists.

Does seem to have fixed the "cliffs of Boise" however.  AEC tool seems dead in the water with the "file already exists issue".

• 2 weeks later...

Still trying to troubleshoot this issue.

Do I understand correctly according to your FTX Definitive Guide, vol. 2, if I have a full region installed that I do not need to have FTX Vector activated in the scenery.cfg file?

No...Vector should always be activated wherever you're flying.

• 1 month later...

Holgar,

Thanks very much for the reply and the links.  It has been most helpful.

I am assuming the following four files are in order of priority.

There are four files:

ORBX!VECTOR_OBJ

ORBX!VECTOR_APT

ORBX!VECTOR_CVX

ORBX!VECTOR_EXX

Located just above the FS Global 2010 files as you said in your post.

I have adjusted my priorities as such and so far it seems to be working great.  I do have FS Global Ultimate as well so these four files are above that also.

Again thanks for your response.  It has encouraged.

Hi there,

yes, that's the correct order; the _EXX entry needs to be at lower display priority than the other three as it contains the exclude files that remove the default landscape components (shorelines, roads, airport polygons, etc.). If you reverse the order then the Vector components get excluded as well and you end up with autogen buildings and trees on airports and other issues.

Cheers, Holger

G'day,

I have a similar issue although do not have global or vector, so this fix didn't help.
Whilst flying into YQNS as I popped through some heavy fog after several reports of runway not sighted I canceled the IFR and did a low flyby via GPS and the reason i couldn't see it is the runway was covered in trees.

The only product I own is FTX AU SP4.

TIA

Hi DrJebus,

welcome to Orbx.

Generally it's not a good idea to tag your question onto another user's thread, in particular if it's not about the same add-ons. In any case if a single airport has "autogen encroachment" issues then the likely cause is that another add-on exclude its background grass polygon. Temporarily deactivate all third-party add-on that are located above the Orbx FTX block in your scenery library and/or search your entire FSX directory for airport .bgl files using the "*YQNS*" search term.

Cheers, Holger

Archived