KJAC Jackson Hole, DLL.XML File Corrupt On Install

I'm getting a DLL.XML file corrupt when installing KJAC Jackson Hole.

Where is this particular DLL.XML file so I can back it up? Is it the "C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX-SE"?

Does anyone have a fix for this?

Also, is this a four part setup, I see two more setup files "FTXNAKJAC100_Setup2", "FTXNAKJAC100_Setup3" and a third one "dotNetFx35setup" inside the dotnet folder?

post-56674-0-24469600-1430866763_thumb.j

G'day there,

Given the installers for KJAC pre-date FSX:SE, the moduleinstaller (which installs the Objectflow DLL) program will be looking for the original FSX installation. Making sure you have the latest ORBXlibs will ensure that your Objectflow DLL's are correctly up-to-date for FSX:SE, however that being said I haven't come across this DLL.xml corruption issue before for KJAC. I'll check in with a few of the team members as this is a little bit beyond my knowledge base, and get someone to report back. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Great troubleshooting guide here for corrupt DLL.XML http://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a92/dll_xml-information-and-troubleshooting.aspx

Our moduleinstaller is industry standard and can replace that corrupt one for you as suggested in the message window. This would then leave you a clean xml file with only the KJAC entry.

This would then require you to "re-install" and other addons that utilize the xml, for example FSUIPC, A2A...

I checked both DLL.XML's in FSX-SE and FSX. The FSX-SE was okay but the FSX didn't have the CR LF code on the last line, so it is likely that it's the one the module installer had issue with.

After thinking about what Jarrad said, out of curiosity I purchased and installed FTX NA Monument Valley. It installed without issue. It looks like most of KJAC installed fine but it's obviously missing the animations. Before I mess with the XML file I want to know a bit more about it. Can I back up my original, let the moduleinstaller replace it then just paste in the rest of the installed software DLL's text?

Also, could the moduleinstaller have issue with the DLL.XML because it wasn't made to install in FSX-SE originally?

Thanks...

Answer to the first question is a tentative yes. You can let the moduleinstaller create a new one, but when copying your backed up lines in you should use an editor such as Notepad++ or UltraEdit. 

To question number 2, possible, not 100% sure. The actual moduleinstaller located in the ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery is the latest version so you can copy that one over to the KJAC scenery folder and run it from there. Chances are you still receive the corrupt message.

Archived