Help please on sea issue

DB50

Hi i have orbx global and ftx england loaded, i ve noticed when flying over the sea say from gatwick to jersey their is two colours of sea one light blue then goes to dark blue but its in a big chunk with straight edges around it , ive only noticed this since using ftx england , any one have any clues on what can be done to get it right, is this a a waterclass issue?

a few people ive seen have issues with this heres a link so you can see the picture, go to the 21st picture down on the page.

Thanks

I get momentary patches like that when flying across the San Francisco Bay.  They don't last long enough to be truly annoying.

Noel

Oh Ok so theres nothing really that can be done? its weid though when i take off the England add on it goes! Could it also be something to do with rex?

Thanks

The change in colour is intended to be smooth.

I don't suppose you are using Addon Converter X?

Hi i know this may sound stupid but i dont think so , the programmes i run are fsx global ftx and england , also rex 4 textures/soft clouds , how would i know if i am using this converter as i have added freeware planes to my sim.

Its like a area darker than the rest or lighter depending what sea colour i choose, but its seen as in that picture as a big area with straight edges , no smoothness about it, thanks for helping

Would not of brought england add on if i new before hand their was a issue with sea texture, i also see other people have the issue , cant orbx fix this? 

i have put a screen shot of someone else with the same issue see  my first coment above , and have read a fair few coment's form many who have the same issue but no fix that works yet, please can you fix it orbx?

Thanks

Hi there,

not sure what else to tell you as the files listed in my post -- http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/91251-fsx-water-issues-rex4-orbx-openlc-orbx-england/?p=832558-- are the only ones that involve the color of the water in the EU ENG coverage area. Perhaps you missed renaming some? There should be 7 "600_FTX_EU_ENG_base_WC_xxxx.bgl" files in \ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_ENG_08_CUSTOM\scenery and 40 3xxb2sux.bmp files in \ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_ENG_08_CUSTOM\texture.

Also, you can try moving those files into a different folder.

Cheers, Holger

Archived