Global Base features...?

ojiito

So I've installed :SE and just started with the Orbx reinstallation, beginning with Global Base.  It was cool to see again the difference compared to default, it's major.  As I was testing different areas and checking them out, I noticed flocks of birds here and there.  Did those come with Global, or were they in FSX the whole time?  I don't remember seeing flying birds until I had some Orbx sceneries, and they're not advertised as a feature in the Global section of the Orbx website.   So far that's the only addon I've installed so I don't know what else it could be from, apart from default. 

Just curious...

You only switch thermals on if you're flying a glider, to know where they are.

I have only flown gliders twice, and hated it.

Mainly because both aircraft were supposed to have engines.

In the sim,though, it's fun to take my F-80 to about 35,000 and shut it down.

Actually, both the T-Bird and the F-80 will glide about 200 miles from that altitude.

The fun is seeing what you can do with the situation.

I have seen the birds only once when flying low on the coast of Mexico's Baja California peninsula towards Ensenada but I never did turn anything on to see them and I was not flying a glider.

Best place to find Global birds is in the immediate vicinity of LOWS where there are several flocks of white birds.

OzX also have eagles above some of their airfields, one of them being on fraser island.

So Tim, do we have to switch the thermals ON like for the default FSX birds ?

Thermals when switched on and in the right setting produce eagles in certain places

The animated birds (normally parrots or magpie-things) within our regionpacks and Global are hand-placed (annotated) into the ground textures via the autogen system and rely on the autogen slider levels

There are many flocks of parrots to be seen in the Owen Stanley ranges around our PNG bushstrips, these will be found mostly in the dense rainforest sections

Archived