EU Landclass

Jon Clarke

Just installed EU Lanclass into P3d. When the installation was finished it opened up the old version of Central nto the new one. I deleted the old version and opened up v2 version. It shows EU Landclass as not installed, but the entries are in my scenery cfg. I installed with the region Global activated. It shows as installed in the old version because there is now a user guide in there but nothing in v2.

Further to my post above I am getting very strange textures at Keflavik. If I set the time to "Current" ie spring the airport aprons and taxi ways are like a desert coloured yellow sand. If I choose Fall I get the proper grass looking appearance. This has to be a fault somewhere as Keflavik does not get desert like grass in the summer. I am unsure if this has anything to do with the EU Landclass, pretty sure is doesn't but the Lanclass does include textures which may be affecting. I also noticed that because maybe I installed each EU landclass area as they completed downloading rather than all at once, the entry in the scenry library was not exactly numerical.

It read something like

EU europe1, 2, 3 10, 4,5, 6 ,7 ,9 so I changed it and put 10 just above Base in numerical order.

I also tried to disable all the landclass files in scenery library just to test the ground textures for grass all year, but it just put me into  caverns att the airport as the mesh was higher etc. So that did not work ! I then re-enabled all the Lanclass and still get this weird sand covered texture all over the airport except the tarmac areas.

Hi Wolter. I have done exactly as instructed by you before I wrote my post. There are the conflicts between the 2 FTX Centrals that are what I do not understand. I just opened the old version of Central and it showed Global as active, so I activated it again. Thsi time Keflavik showed grass instead of yellow/white, however Innsbruck in Spring is now white except for the tarmac. Go to Fall and it is grass. Go to Innsbruk in Spring and it is white, Fall is grass. This is not correct. Also if I open v2 of Central it still shows OLC as not installed under Global. If I go to Tools in v2 it shows installed products but under the Heading "Unknown" it shows the following:

UNKNOWN

FTX_OLC_AA FTX openLC Base Region Version 1.10 - September 2013

FTX_OLC_EU1 FTX openLC Europe Region 1 (Eastern Europe) Version 1.00 - July 2014

FTX_OLC_EU10 FTX openLC Europe Region 10 (UK & Ireland) Version 1.00 - July 2014

FTX_OLC_EU2 FTX openLC Europe Region 2 (Scandinavia) Version 1.00 - July 2014

FTX_OLC_EU3 FTX openLC Europe Region 3 (Russia) Version 1.00 - July 2014

FTX_OLC_EU4 FTX openLC Europe Region 4 (France) Version 1.00 - July 2014

FTX_OLC_EU5 FTX openLC Europe Region 5 (Turkey) Version 1.00- July 2014

FTX_OLC_EU6 FTX openLC Europe Region 6 (Germany) Version 1.00 - July 2014

FTX_OLC_EU7 FTX openLC Europe Region 7 (Mediterranean East & West) Version 1.00- July 2014

FTX_OLC_EU8_EU9 FTX openLC Europe Region 8 & 9 (Iceland) Version 1.10 - June 2014

FTX_OLC_NA1 FTX openLC North America Region 1 Version 1.00 - September 2013

There is definitely something wrong. 1st with the grass texture disappearing and 2nd with the v2 Central reading under Unknown. It should surely read as installed under Global, as indeed it was. The problem maybe with the installation opening up the old Central and not the new one. I did install the latest Libraries after installing OLC. I thought that this would give me another copy of the v2. When I look in ORBX Scripts only the old version is listed.

Any ideas or a complete reinstal of OLC?

I eventually found out that patches were required by coming to the ORBX site. Because OLC was not registering as installed it was also therefore not telling me there were updates required. I had thought that since i only bought OLC 2 days ago it would be updated prior to sale.

Anyway it is finally recognised as installed correctly, so that is OK. What is not OK at all is this totally unrealistic Spring texture that I get in some P3D airports where they go from grass to desert with a season change. I have only tried a few Innsbruk Austria, and Keflavik Iceland. It seems random as to whether other airports change colour, but it totally removes immersion. I would like someone who only has Global Base and OLC (not Vector) to go to those 2 airports and set time to Spring and see if they get the same deert sand on all grounds except tarmac. It is most weird. I understand snow covered in Winter, slightly green or green in Spring, green/brownish in Summer (hot countries NOT Iceland) and normal Fall colours.

Archived