library will not fully download

Bassman

downloads have been interrupted in the past with no problem when resuming however I am having trouble downloading latest libraries. what do you suggest as a reliable free download manager please?

I thought I had a problem with my FTXCentral beta, so I downloaded the new ORBX libraries anyway - just in case.

I found the two ORBX servers totally snowed under and pretty well unusable (a victim of their own success/popularity I suspect). However - I found the Google file server to be fast and my download came down, in one go, with no problem. I suspect this may vary on time of day and where you are geographically (or Internet-wise).

In this instance, I just used my browser to download (on its own) - but I usually use IDM (Internet Download Manager). Not too expensive and works brilliantly.

Adam.

I had the same problem the day V2 of Central was released.  10 tries all bad from My FTX, Google said it was too large to check for errors and the Cloud told me it would take 10 hours to download.

Waited until late last night and got a good download, (after a bad try on My FTX again), from the Google server.  I think everyone getting the new Central is causing the ORBX servers to be hit very hard as Central downloads the Latest Libraries.

Just keep trying and eventually you'll get the file.

Unless ORBX has changed older downloads that added scenery files upon installation, which now would be obsolete, you still need to be able to re-install latest libraries IF you re-install an old airfield that put older library files into the sim when you install them.

Archived