Demo Scenery isn't as detailed on my FSX as in the video

Hi there,

I just seen your great ORBX stuff and before buying I wanted to check out the demos.

After installing and folllowing the configuration guide I was more than disappionted how it turned out on my FSX-Steam Edition. It was only a lLittle more detailed than the FSX stuff. 

Maybe there is a simple answer to that. Also uninstall and install didn'd help.

This is my System: CPU I7-2600, 16GB Ram; NVIDIA Geforce GTX580; Win7 64bit; FSX-Steam edition, no other add ons

The Monitor resolution is 1920x1080.

In general I think the performance of the PC &graphic card should be sufficient enough.

It would be great, getting this brilliant scenery working on my machine as well.

Can someone give me a hint?

so long  Klaus

It looks like it installed correctly (You're seeing the photo-real city and airport back ground). Also, it looks to me "as it should", though it also looks like you're running with some lower settings in FSX.

Here's a shot I took during testing, from a slightly different angle, but you can see it look pretty much the same:

eFGW4.jpg

The differences I can see are that your screenshot seems to show a lower detail radius (the distance at which FSX draws detailed terrain and autogen objects), and your autogen objects seem "thinner" due to a lower autogen slider setting.

My screenshot has autogen set to "Extremely Dense" so that's the reason why the buildings and trees are much denser in my shot.

Also, I have a detail radius of 6.5... You can set this by opening your FSX.cfg file, found here: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\ and finding and changing the line that reads "LOD_RADIUS = X.500000" (X is your current setting... it won't actually say "X" ;) ) to read "LOD_RADIUS = 6.500000"

You should also make sure your FSX settings is set to "Anisotropic" for filtering (first page of settings) and not "Trilinear" or "Bilinear"... this should sharpen the textures in the distance.

As a final check, make sure you used the correct version of the demo... there are 2 Iceland demo versions... one for those who already have FTX Global Base, and one for those who do not...

One last thing to bear in mind, the Iceland Demo is designed to demonstrate the combination of the FTX Global products; Global Base, Vector and OpenLC. While these products are much better than FSX default and when combined provide a high fidelity world to fly in, they are not as good as Orbx FTX full regions... Full regions contain everything that the FTX Global combination does, and then a whole lot more... You may have seen videos for full regions and so the comparison between those and Iceland (which incidentally, is very barren and empty in real life too ;) ) would be night and day.

Perhaps try the Pacific Northwest Demo or the Tasmania Demo areas... These provide a glimpse of the quality you can expect from full regions.

Lastly, have a read of this guide... it will show you the differences between the Orbx product ranges, and also explains a bit about flight simulators, and how they work in general... essential reading as you get to grips with the hobby: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/74345-the-definitive-guide-to-ftx-products-the-go-to-source-of-ftx-information/

Thx  for  the info,  yea  I got my auto gen  set  to normal as per the manual suggest will try  to raise it  up more, yea I installed  the off version since   of the reason being  I could  remove it .  And I havnt got ftx  global as of  yet  since iam still waiting  on my post earlier I made yesterday.  So I ask in here  again   can I install ftx  global over  the demo of Iceland  or  do I need to uninsatll the demo  first than install ftx global

Yea  got most of the orbox  regions  etc  the only  region I havnt  got  is  the England  one

Archived