Fatal Errors in FSX

MZee1960

Hi Guys,

I am running essentially a vanilla FSX Deluxe Edition installed from DVD's with REX Essentials Plus w/OD, UT2, AccuFeel V2, several payware planes from Carenado/Alabeo/RealAir, and Orbx FTX Global and Vector for scenery.

My config file has only the AffinityMask, HIGHMEMFIX=1, WideViewAspect=True, ForceFullScreenVsync=1 tweaks.

Been running error free like this for months.

I have a couple of weeks ago purchased the Orbx FTX PNW Region as a new addon to my existing FTX Global Base and FTX Global Vector.  Prior to the PNW addon,  I was flying everywhere,  including from KSEA to CYVR without issues.  Now,  for some strange reason,  everytime I fly in PNW  (the new, freshly added region)  I will eventually experience a freeze-up of FSX,  followed by a popup which states  'a fatal error has occurred...checking for solution to the problem',  followed by a message that FSX will close and restart,  followed by a message that smartassembly is required ??.  Then FSX restarts with the main menu screen and my flight is 'gone'.  Windows Event Viewer always points to a g3d.dll file/module of some sort as being at fault.  I only seem to get this error and CTD in FTX PNW Region.  I only have Global, Vector, and PNW from Orbx, so far, and no other scenery addons whatsoever.  I am not sure now if something in the PNW Region is triggering these CTD's, or if the cause is something else altogether.  They don't seem to be OOM's as no message re FSX is out of memory appears prior to the crash, but I know from many past flights, the longer the flight is, the more likely this crash will occur,  with most of them happening in flights of at least 1/2 hr+  duration (as in KSEA to CYVR in the Duke).  Also, frequent view changes in FSX during a flight seem to hasten this crash.  My scenery and autogen settings are mid to high (as per Orbx pdf manual for PNW).

Dwm2015-03-2519-56-39-21.jpg

I have scoured various forums and posts for solutions to this crash, but no luck..  Orbx PNW is a great addon for FSX, but these crashes essentially take away from the enjoyment of the wonderful scenery.  I am posting here in this forum in hopes that someone here has come across a similar scenario with a proven solution.  

The only potential answer I found so far was to try FSUIPC ?  What is it ?  Does it work for these types of crashes ?  Is it compatible with my addons (REX , UT2, AccuFeel etc.) ?  Is FSUIPC easy to uninstall,  should I decide to do so at a later time ?   .............  Does anyone have any other suggestions to try ?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated in resolving these CTD's.

Cheers, and Thank-You, in advance,

Milan.

Hi,

Yes I have it in there.  Errors seem to only happen in PNW region for some reason. I think the answer lies in FSUIPC  -  apparently it can trap these g3d.dll errors in FSX before they can cause a crash (?).  Worth a try I think.

FSUIPC is a basic essential for fsX, you can download it here => http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html

just run it and you should be fine

Wolter, What is the Wideserver7 thingy mentioned here?

Stew

Edit:  Found out what Wideserver7 does--it's not anything I need atm.

P.S. I've had precisely Milan's problem and will be keen to see if Wolter's suggestion works.

So far, so good.  Two flights in PNW lasting more than the usual 35-40 minutes, and no sudden FSX fatal errors.  Amazing!  This solution evidently has been around awhile; I just didn't know about it.  Thanks for the tip Wolter!

Stew

I too will give FSUIPC a try once I get some free time again to play with FSX.......  Should be in about 10 days.   Can't wait to try it out then,  and hopefully get this issue fixed,   once and for all.

Cheers,

Milan.

Archived