• 2 months later...
Guest volcom1720

1. Was it installed properly?

2. Is it in the correct spot?

3. Have you tried reinstalling it?

4. Is the airshow mode turned ON?

• 2 weeks later...

ok, that explains it, I use WOAI

I think I will make a batch file which I can run before starting FSX to move the traffic files to another folder if I want to see the airshow and to move them back when I don´t need the airshow.

thank´s for your help

Just to add to John's comment, you will not see any FSX compiled AI traffic while there are FS2004 traffic files active in your FSX set up. I'm not sure why, but the two will not co-exist and the FS2004 ones always take priority.

That means you will not see any of the AI aircraft we have included at the many FTX airports you have installed as listed in your signature banner.

If you wish to keep the WOAI files, you would be better to recompile them as FSX traffic files.

I knew that FS2004 traffic files always take priority and I know that they cann not co-exist with FSX traffic although I don´t know why either.

It was never a problem until now and I never realized that there is something missing. I just wondered that there are not much planes on those airports (except YMML) and just thought that I always was there at the wrong time (big airports are also never populated the same)

It seems to me that I have missed a lot then.

I don´t know how to recompile the traffic files, could you please give me a hint ?

I think I just found the right program to recompile them, I will try it as soon as I am home and will let you know.

ok, just did a quick test and it seems to work as you can hopefully see

Posted Image

Thank you John for making this clear and thank you Graha for pointing me in the right direction.

I recompiled the traffic files and now I got AI traffic everywhere, thank you guys.

One thing still remains, is it true that you need Acceleration to see the crowds ?

Greetings

Gilbert

ok thank´s for the answer, although I have Acceleration, I uninstalled it and installed SP2 instead and have a slightly better performance now.

Maybe when Windows 7 is out  ;)

Thank´s for all your help

Greetings

Gilbert

• 2 months later...

Hi, I am also having problems with the Airshow download,  I have fsx and acceleration pack installed along with orbx ftx sp3 I downloaded the Ymav airshow file and unzipped same , mesaage that it installed correctly.  When I start at YMAV airport though there is now show, just the basic airport any clues?? ???

• 4 weeks later...

I have been trolling thru the forums and started to work that out,  Were any airport upgrades included on FTX sp3 other than coffs harbour?

No the SP3 DVD includes Coffs V1.1, but no other airports.

We're soon releasing Coffs V1.5 which will include many further improvements.

Archived