You think parting of the Red Sea was a big deal?

--Randy--

This is what I am seeing after installing Orbx Northern California....No Water in the scenery areas.

This is taken from over the Pacific looking back at Monterrey.  I have water in the FSX Scenery area and no water in the Northern California area.....crazy huh??  

Parting%20of%20the%20Pacific_zpsnqn7bjds

I am also having this problem in the Northern Rockies that I installed. 

I am also running Global and Vector. 

I am open for any ideas.

I am running FSX on Windows 7.

Hi Randy,

is that a new installation or when did the issue occur? If it happens in all FTX regions then it has to do with the custom terrain.cfg entries, which should be automatically added during installation (and re-checked each time you run FTX Central and ht Apply). Any error messages during the installation or when running FTX Central? Any recent changes to your system that might affect file access permissions?

Cheers, Holger

The only changes I have made was to install Northern Rockies and Northern California. 

Before that I just had Global and Vector that were both running fine. 

I installed Northern Rockies and Northern Calif and then installed the patches for them and then this is what I get.....no water. 

Is there any way I can uninstall the Rockies and Calif or do I have to reinstall FSX. 

Isnt that part of the issue we all had after installing KPSP when we all had land around the  LA

coastline ?. If you have KPSP installed go to search forums..and search something like KPSP fix.

Jarrad put out a fix.

Cheers Stu

Hi Randy,

assuming you don't have any add-on at higher display priority than the FTX NRM/NCA block that could exclude their waterbodies the next step would be to refresh the terrain.cfg file as described in this post: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/79004-resolving-rapid-ground-texture-morphing/

It just seems odd to me that Vector appears to have been able to properly insert its custom entries into your terrain.cfg file yet the FTX regions, which use the same approach, would fail to do so. Hence my question regarding other factors or add-ons.

Cheers, Holger

Thanks Holger.....missed that.  

Anyway got a new terrain.cfg file and went through switching between FSX and North America in FTX Central but I did not get this. 

"3. Start and cycle FTX Central at least once between options (it doesn't matter which) and press Apply to automatically re-insert all required FTX custom terrain.cfg entries"

Also when I fired up FSX is still get no water....just land where the water is supposed to be. 

I am beginning to wonder about FTX Central. 

Does any of this make any sense?

Do you have a phone number for Moses?

Sorry Randy I just can't help it since we are long time flight sim buds.  I'm probably going to get kicked off the forum for not being serious.

Really though, I do hope you find a solution to the problem.  I have Northern Rockies and recently installed Global and Vector.  I'll have to take a look in Northern Rockies to see if I have a problem there.

... Clive

:wacko:

Well here is the latest development, if anyone is still interested. 

I reinstalled the base Northern California scenery and i HAVE WATER....then I installed Service Pack 001 dated 30 June 2014 and that killed my water in the Northern Calif Scenery area. 

So as long as I don't install the patch I am fine.....why should that patch kill my water?  Any ideas. 

By the way I did reinstall the Library and ran Vector Configurator after installing the patch. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived