Strange border between winter and spring textures

WebMaximus

Not sure if this maybe is a FTX Global Vector issue, if so excuse me and feel free to move this post to the correct subforum.

On my last two flights in and out from Stockholm-Arlanda (ESSA) I noticed a weird border dividing the ground textures between what appears to be winter and spring textures.

Is this a known issue and is there anything I can do to fix it?

Here's a screenshot showing what I'm talking about, the screenshot was taken during my arrival into ESSA earlier today and I was using the actual time and date in FSX. According to FSX it's still winter and will be until the 21'th of March here in Sweden.

Strange%20winter-spring%20border.jpg

Exactly the same problem between FTX Northern Rocky Mountains and  FTX GLOBAL. Of the highly-rated of Edmonton; Calgary; CEN4 and CEJ4.

The problem will certainly be solved for the world. We hope ! 

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for waking up this thread again but today I did a flight from ENGM-ESSA now in P3Dv2.5 and in some situations it looks really really bad and highly unrealistic while at other times it looks pretty OK and natural where some snow are still left on the ground.

I know you said the problem is how different seasons are handled by FSX and I guess that goes for P3D as well but to be honest I can't remember seeing this issue as clearly as now before I started using the FTX Global products so I'm a bit puzzled. I should also mention that I tried adjusting the season to the middle of July standing at ESSA and when I used the top-down view I still could see one area with snow...in the middle of the summer...?

I really wish there was something that could be done about this because it takes away a lot of the otherwise so great experience. Except for this issue I think the ground textures are truly amazing, it almost looks as IRL!

Here's a couple of screenshots I grabbed on today's flight.

First two screenshots showing the issue very clearly

Strange%20looking%20snow%201.jpg

Strange%20looking%20snow%202.jpg

And here's an example where it looks much more natural

Good%20looking%20snow.jpg

Hi there,

if you're seeing snow textures in summer then that would have been caused by the current weather situation; if it includes active snowfall it'll force winter textures in a radius around the user aircraft. Thus, if you start a flight situation in winter (with snowfall) and then switch to summer you'd still get winter textures because the weather situation wasn't changed.

The reason that the contrast between snow-covered and snow-free tiles is more pronounced with FTX Global is probably because the default FSX/P3D textures all had that "lovely" bright yellow hue instead of having more normal, i.e.,  brown/green tones.

Cheers, Holger

Thanks Holger, what you say make perfect sense especially that thing about weather and that you will still get snow in the summer if your current weather states that. Stupid of me not thinking about that.

As for the sharp borders between different seasonal ground textures I guess there's not much to do about it then other than advancing the date a bit as you already suggested. Too bad it seems that we will always have to suffer from the often poor stuff found in the core of FS/P3D.

Archived