Land Where Water Should Be...

MattyChays

Hi there,

are you using FSX or P3D, or the FSX Steam addition? It looks like the custom Orbx terrain.cfg entries are perhaps missing though it's difficult to tell from that far out (because you'd also miss road vectors and other landscape elements if that was the case).

First thing to check is to make sure the latest Orbx libraries are installed from our support page. Also, do you get any error messages when switching FTX Central and pressing Apply?

Cheers, Holger

Hi there,

are the Vector entries in the correct order meaning FTX_VECTOR_EXX sits below the other three (= at lower display priority) in the block of four Vector entries? If the order is correct then the missing water does indicate an issue with your terrain.cfg file and you could try to "refresh" it; see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/79004-resolving-rapid-ground-texture-morphing/

Cheers, Holger

I found that the problem was remedied by unselecting the Vector_EXX, however I'm assuming this would cause other issues...

It will.  The expert advice (Holger's) has been not to unselect any of the Vector entries in the library, and that the solution (usually) is to run the orbxlibs and/or cycle back and forth between Global and North America, clicking Apply as you go.

Edit:  Looks like Holger has provided his input, too.

• 3 months later...

Hi there,

are the Vector entries in the correct order meaning FTX_VECTOR_EXX sits below the other three (= at lower display priority) in the block of four Vector entries? If the order is correct then the missing water does indicate an issue with your terrain.cfg file and you could try to "refresh" it; see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/79004-resolving-rapid-ground-texture-morphing/

Cheers, Holger

YESS!  this solved my problem... I have FTXGlobal and Vector and the ocean area surrounding all Hawaiian islands looked like "sand" (but the surface behaved like water). Anyway, the problem was that my EXX file was listed at a higher pri in the scenery library order. Once it reordered it to sit below/lower priority orderunderneath the Vector_CVX, and AEC files, the oceans reappeared. Interestingly, before I noticed this thread and fixed the problem, i had moved the aircraft (using the Map function) all around the world, and there was no problem...the sand problem only showed up around Hawaii.

Archived