Error installing Libraries 150215 into FSX

bozman

Hi when installing the latest libraries on a clean boot with nothing running  i get the following error

"the following file is in use and can not be updated  E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\FTXLights_Day.exe "

I have gone to this location and there is no file called   "FTXLights_Day.exe "

only

FTX GLOBAL Lights Configurator.exe

FTXConfigurator.exe

FTXConfigurator_OLC.exe

FTXLights.exe

FTXLights_Night.exe

ObjectFlowUpdate.exe

OrbxControlPanel.exe

Uninstall_OrbxFTXGloba.exe.l

Uninstall_OrbxFTXGlobal.exe

Has something gone wrong  ie do I  need to reinstal anything?

many thanks

Steve

Furhter Info

Looking in my Orbx folder in my start directory there is FTXLights_Day.exe  but if I click on it Windows cannot find the file.

I guess i need to reinstal something, but what? 

I have

PNW

England

Scotland

Wales

FTX GLOBAL

Is it Gloibal I need to reinstall?

many thanks

Steve

Hi normal  FSX  Gold  (dvd version)

Tried to reinstal Global 130 over ther top of my existing instal and still missing this file. The global 130 instal also reported it missing.

I am hoping i dont have to uninstal it all and reinstal but welcome your advise.

Thanks

Thnaks Nick,  it seems BTNetprotect MCAfee  reports this as a virus now. even if you restore it  it immedialty quarantines it again so its impossible to kepp it in the FSX directory

O well just have to stick with Night lights on during the day 

Thanks for your help anyway

Steve

Unfortunately not BTNetprotect MCAfee  is not very friendly when it comes to this.  Many complaints about this facility on it on various help forums.

Only solution is keep  the file on a memory stick.  Disable virus , copy to correct location  and run  FTXLights_Day.exe

This will change to day lights,  then when you turn virus back on it will quarantine it again.  Can then run Night lights if want to change back to night.

Not ideal but it is a work around I assume.

Probably just leave night lights on  and do this when I update libraries etc

Its also happened to a friend of mine, he has now noticed his FTXLights_Day.exe had disappeared !

Thanks all for your help, especially Nick who was spot on with the cause

Cheers

I had the same problem with BTNetProtect McAfee but I was able to exclude FTXLights_Day.exe from Real-Time scanning. Choose "Open BTNetProtect McAfee" from the tool bar hidden icons. Select "Navigation" from the right side menu. Select "Real-Time Scanning" from the right side list of features in Navigation Centre then select "Excluded Files". Here you can navigate to the file from the "Add File" button after you have restored it from quarantine of course. Simples if not intuitive!

I had the same problem with BTNetProtect McAfee but I was able to exclude FTXLights_Day.exe from Real-Time scanning. Choose "Open BTNetProtect McAfee" from the tool bar hidden icons. Select "Navigation" from the right side menu. Select "Real-Time Scanning" from the right side list of features in Navigation Centre then select "Excluded Files". Here you can navigate to the file from the "Add File" button after you have restored it from quarantine of course. Simples if not intuitive!

Hi Iain

My exclude files button is greyed  out ( I am  an administrator for the pc - windows 7) so it wont let me exclude this file.

Very Strange!

hmm seemed to let me do it by turning off scanning completly then turning it back on again. i will see how long before it quarantines it again, probably next libary update!

What fun

;-)

More likely when there's a virus definition update. The FTX lights exe hasn't changed for a number of years!

Hi Iain

My exclude files button is greyed  out ( I am  an administrator for the pc - windows 7) so it wont let me exclude this file.

Very Strange!

Hi Bozman

The "exclude files" in BTNetProtect McAfee is greyed out when realtime scanning is turned off. I have reloaded libraries several times since excluding FTXLights_Day.exe without any problems. Keeps you guessing doesn't it!

Archived