FTX in FSX/SE & P3D

Hi,

I have positively installed in my Pc the following:

FSGlobal-Vector-Landclass & Ultimate Mesh plus third parties addons in HDD C: --> FSX/SE and at the same time I have installed  FTX plus airports in HDD F: --> P3D.

So far so good.

But then I opted for comparing FTX in FSX/SE & P3D so i decided to install FTX in Steam Edition also (so I had for a moment FTX in HDD C: for the Steam Edition & FTX for P3D in an other HDD). The installation of my first region: PNW went well though around Orcas island I have forests in place of inlets' water. Installing Kors airport didn't change a thing. I got people flow, hangars and everything else you expect to have in a FTX airport addon, but always the same forest around Orcas island.

So I'm asking to myself if it is possible to have FTX in the same pc though installed in two different HDDs and at the same time in FSX/SE & also P3D.

Thanks for your support.

Fabio

Goeie middag Wolter,

No joy. The entries were already ok.

I have the latest Vector 1.20 new install that was released this weekend. And I have also changed the bgl file in vector that had to do with KPSP and water is land in NCA. And ofcourse the latest ORBX libs installed as last.

ps, with FTX Global activated the lake and rivers are back again and the land around Orca is again water.

FTX_zpshse0rj3k.png

scenery_zpscg5xmuc0.png

did you also run the latest library files after the install ?

did you try and switching FTX Central to Global(default) and back to a region hitting Apply on both counts ?

Hi Walter,

of course I did everything you asked  and more, but no good outcome so far. This is what i get:

2015-3-2_17-53-48-260527d6.png

I had parallel installs running fine, so it's possible, but you need to be careful.

Having forests instead of water can indicate an issue with terrain.cfg rather than scenery.cfg. I assume FTX PNW works fine in P3D for you? You could try copying the P3D terrain.cfg to FSX, but make sure you keep a backup of the original one. Also (sorry if it's a silly question), are you sure you have run the right FTX Central (there are separate ones for FSX and P3D)?

One more thing: I once messed up by using the registry "trick" to install FSX add-ons into P3D and forgetting to change it back. IIRC, the FSX FTX Central could be manipulating P3D cfg files in this case...

Tym

Hi TymK,

I assume FTX PNW works fine in P3D for you?

Yes it works fine.

you could try copying the P3D terrain.cfg

Done it but that didn't change a thing...

are you sure you have run the right FTX Central

yes double checked it

the registry "trick" to install FSX add-ons into P3D and forgetting to change it back

if you are meaning the Migration Tool, I didn't use it at least on a new Prepar3D 2.5 install and on FSX/Se.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Fabio,

I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help, I'm afraid I've run out of ideas... I assume your scenery.cfg file in your FSX-SE directory contain all the standard entries like "ORBX FTX-PNW custom vectors 1 of 68", "ORBX FTX-NA custom polys 1 of 28" etc.?

Tym

Hi Fabio,

I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help, I'm afraid I've run out of ideas... I assume your scenery.cfg file in your FSX-SE directory contain all the standard entries like "ORBX FTX-PNW custom vectors 1 of 68", "ORBX FTX-NA custom polys 1 of 28" etc.?

Tym

I remember to have six top strings (having installed only FTX-PNW): Libraries - AA Global Airports - FTX PNW 5 through 8

As far as scenery.cfg is concerned, everything seems fine. I was more concerned about terrain.cfg, can you check it to see if it contains the entries I mentioned in the previous post?

Tym

One more thing: I accidentally ran into a thread which mentioned that there's an issue with Vector which has similar symptoms (trees in water bodies). Before a fix is released, it can be solved by switching frozen lakes to OFF in Vector configuration, perhaps it's also worth a try...

Tym

One more thing: I accidentally ran into a thread which mentioned that there's an issue with Vector which has similar symptoms (trees in water bodies). Before a fix is released, it can be solved by switching frozen lakes to OFF in Vector configuration, perhaps it's also worth a try...

Tym

Of course. Had to fix this issue unchecking the option on the Vector configurator tool on account of ice caps building over Courchevel sloped runway!!! But doing that didn't help me sorting out the forests in place of water around Kors.

As far as scenery.cfg is concerned, everything seems fine. I was more concerned about terrain.cfg, can you check it to see if it contains the entries I mentioned in the previous post?

Tym

I have checked them out and, based on my knoweledge, I didn't spot any mistake in there, though that doesn't change the fact that most likely my terrain file is biased.

I've been installing in P3D FSGlobal and so far it's ok around Orcas island. Let's see what happens with FSVector.

Archived