Dense and Denser Scenery

xxd09

Hi All

Just a small point

I have a fairly powerfull setup which works well But

Two Payware Airports S43 Harvey's Field and KTVL Lake Tahoe do not allow me to install the highest end functions on their Control Panels.

I do not have this problem at other Payware Airports-just ramp up the Control Panels to the highest settings and enjoy the show

Am I missing something?

Anything I could do?

xxd09

You have discovered why we include control panels ;)

Orbx airports, while often smaller in terms of physical size, are more often than not much more complex than other 3rd party addons, and some Orbx airports are more complex than other Orbx airports. As such, and with any increase in complexity, there is a small price to pay regarding performance. The control panels allow users to adjust for this complexity depending on their own tastes in visual appeal VS performance (some prefer the eye candy at the expense of fps, others prefer smoother fps over higher detail) and their hardware capabilities.

Also, worth noting that S43 is located pretty close to the "Seattle Hot Spot"... an area within the sim that is notorious for low performance, even in default scenery... location of an addon can make a huge difference.

Probably the OFF files in the airport's scenery folder.  If you delete the airport's folder and reinstall the airport the options should be available again.

There may be a post about removing OFF files without reinstalling, try a search maybe?

Cheers\

Hi All

Thanks for the Tips

Found Orbx File and deleted the two airports and reinstalled.

A Norton Autoprotect message came up

Turned Norton off and started again.

All in place now and all functions restored

Now a "Happy Bunny" again!

Thanks again to all

xxd09

Archived