Unhandled exception yet Installation success

pilot217

The tags are all true. I have just purchased and installed FTX Global. FTX Central has given me an error notice which says:

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click

Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If

you click Quit, the application will close immediately

Access to the path C:\FSX\Textture\BLDA2.dds denied.

Um, should I be worried? Not truly a techy tech. Don't really want to tinker around and try to fix or find the problem and further mess things up.

I have seen that Reinstalling or re-downloading from the store may be the answer since some files can slip out the back door, so to speak.

I am reinstalling at this moment because Windows wanted to restart and update and things went crazy. Also, I have removed my PNW demo. Not totally sure I should have. Yes, at this point

your thoughts of this being a train wreck unfolding in front of your eyes is close to spot on. I would like to add that when installation is done it applies the global region for EVER!! The spinning blue circle is

endless! Thanks for reading, sorry for giving you a migraine.

The tags are all true. I have just purchased and installed FTX Global. FTX Central has given me an error notice which says:

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click

Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If

you click Quit, the application will close immediately

Access to the path C:\FSX\Textture\BLDA2.dds denied.

Um, should I be worried? Not truly a techy tech. Don't really want to tinker around and try to fix or find the problem and further mess things up.

I have seen that Reinstalling or re-downloading from the store may be the answer since some files can slip out the back door, so to speak.

I am reinstalling at this moment because Windows wanted to restart and update and things went crazy. Also, I have removed my PNW demo. Not totally sure I should have. Yes, at this point

your thoughts of this being a train wreck unfolding in front of your eyes is close to spot on. I would like to add that when installation is done it applies the global region for EVER!! The spinning blue circle is

endless! Thanks for reading, sorry for giving you a migraine.

Hi,

Before installing FTX Global Base, let Windows update all what it needs. Once there is nothing new into Windows update, you can proceed to FTX Global :)

... Yes, at this point your thoughts of this being a train wreck unfolding in front of your eyes is close to spot on.

I'm sorry to say that though I can give you lots of sympathy, I can't actually give you any advice. I just wanted to say I loved your analogy!

Best of luck! Let's hope we see a happier post from you in this thread very soon!

Adam.

Thanks for the replies air brethren. Annnnd thank you Richard and Doogle, for your wisdom!

1. Windows informed me of a install after the installation was done, which, as I mentioned came with an awesome fireworks display of error codes

and stuff foreign to my understanding.

2. I had trees EVERYWHERE!! lolol!! Hell my Airbus A320 wouldn't even takeoff. It was just a large airlawnmower! Haha! And boy those are tall trees reaching

up to 100 ft. over at Innsbruck.

3. I tried to install the latest libraries last night for an hour to no avail. The file continuously downloaded corrupt. UGH!

Safe to say the train finally wrecked. I was too tired to care at 5:30am with a crying newborn whom didn't care if daddy got to cruise the skies over

the superior awesomeness known as FTX Global!!

Safe to say this morning after 3 complete hours of much needed sleep, I was delighted to see, through my eager eyes, the replies from flight sim angels.

An easy install of the orbxlibs was granted by the installation God known as Installasioneses. A few error codes came up about rooftops and stuff. I ignored them and kept plugging away.

Loaded up the FSX for a quick Trike ride at KHQM Bowerman. It was a true win for this train wreck victim to see pure and full terrain on my screen.

There IS a happy simmer and its this guy!

Adam underscore NZ, you got your wish friend. You got your wish! Cheers to you all. Will return with those other error codes later. I'm gonna load this baby up for a nice flight across

the blue wild yonder of the North America Midwest through a storm that would normally ground flight in reality because that's what simmings for!

Cheers!!!

OK I'm back with more trains to collide! I have the latest Orbxlibs and I'm departing from KSEA and there are buildings and homes in the water(autogen). I can't help those that are drowning since this is not a rescue simulator, totally. I would like to ask the FTX Gods how to make these homes and buildings disappear? I have a "non brainer" feeling that I probably should have uninstalled the PNW demo before installing FTX Global. Just a hunch.

According to our database you have FTX Global base

this has only textures included, if you are seeing trees all over and houses in water you most likely have another addon causing this "effect" or UTX or GEX are know to cause issues as they are competing for the same spot so to speak within fsX,

The error notification on the C:\FSX\Texture\BLDA2.dds implies that the file is write protected, there are several options to avoid that, one of 'm is take ownership => http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc753659.aspx

Also make sure you have Admin rights and that the fsX main folder is excluded from the AntiVirus scanner for continuous scanning

also I'd say post some screenshots of what you are seeing and included the coordinates so we are able to check out the location from our end as well, info on how to do that on our forums => http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/?p=335815

Archived