Lancair 1V-P

plugnickel58

Purchased, n' installed Lancair 1v-p (FSS0291565) installed 1.3 patch,

Cannot get GNS430 to display GPS screen, I turn it on, goes thru "self test", to "Ok" n' stops, Will not go to gps display, Also, may sound stupid, but how do you turn auto pilot on?

Thx for your patience,

Not a my fs computer at the moment but memory tells me that the autopilot is on by default.  After it sets itself up it should say ready or something like that.  Then pressing one of the command buttons such as heading, will initiate the autopilot function as required.  There are quirks, such as alt hold is finicky ie you need to be on altitude hold manually etc, and other functions require the aircraft to be stable, but overall it works for me.

Not a my fs computer at the moment but memory tells me that the autopilot is on by default.  After it sets itself up it should say ready or something like that.  Then pressing one of the command buttons such as heading, will initiate the autopilot function as required.  There are quirks, such as alt hold is finicky ie you need to be on altitude hold manually etc, and other functions require the aircraft to be stable, but overall it works for me.

That's my recollection as well, John.  I believe you need to set the roll function first, ie set heading first, before altitude hold will work.

Archived