YBCS and YBRM Triple installer problem

spinker

Hello,

Hello

The installation does not question install to FSX or  P3D, just runs full install . Version supposed to be v1.2
After install FTX Central shows v1.1 dated June 11 2011

message on both YBCS and YBRM  says it will install too:

"This application will install YBCS Cairns International Airport to the ORBX folder inside the Flight Simulator X/P3D folder automatically"

Am  I reading this right that it will install to the P3D folder!!  It does not mention FSX as a choice
I do not use P3D.
I thought that triple installers gave you a choice where to install too.

I ran the install too Oceania, from a temp folder and ran librarys

Is this a problem? Did it install properly??

Please Help,

Spinker

G'day Spinker,

If the installed version is indicating V1.1 (for Cairns) and is only giving you the option to install to FSX/P3D, then it sounds like you are trying to use the older v1.1 installer version. The new triple installers (YBCS V1.2 and YBRM v1.1) should be available for download from your account at the Flightsimstore.

Cheers,

Jarrad

Thanks for your reply,

I have downloaded the latest updates for YBCS version 120 and YBRM version 110. 

The installation does not question where to install to FSX or  P3D, just runs full install . Version supposed to be v1.20
After install FTX Central shows v1.1 dated June 11 2011.

I have only installed YBCS version 1.20 

I have not tried to install YBRM because I believe there is something wrong with the installers.

The installer does not give a choice where to install too FSX or P3D. Below is a message showing in the wrapper during the installation.

"This application will install YBCS Cairns International Airport to the ORBX folder inside the Flight Simulator X/P3D folder automatically"

As I read the above message I think it is saying it will install too P3D folder inside Flight Simulator X.

I do not use P3D. FSX only

Spinker

P.S. hope you can help me with this

G'day Spinker,

Do you also have FSX installed? If so, is it installing Cairns 1.2 correctly into this sim? I'd also recommend trying to install Broome 1.1 regardless and see if this works - the worst that can happen is that it will likely install into FSX instead. Next, could you list for me the filenames of the dowloaded zips for both, and also importantly, the filesize (in bytes) for each? You can find the size in bytes by right clicking the .zip file and selecting properties. Lastly, have you had any problems installing any recent of your recent purchases (eg, Homer) into P3Dv2?

Cheers,

Jarrad

Larry, you've installed our software before, correct? That first screen with the quick summary is the same for all installers. 

1 - Have you clicked "Next" at this point?

post-650-0-62335500-1423345706_thumb.jpg

2 - This is the screen where you choose which sim to install into

post-650-0-51522900-1423345745_thumb.jpg

Thank you Ed,

That is the problem, I am not getting screen 2 which allows me to choose where to install the sim too!!

I knew that was the problem and yes I have used your installers many many times all for ORBX note my

list of programs on my page, all yours.

Here are file names and sizes that I recently downloaded.None of them showed screen 2

OrbxFTXAUYBRM110.....................501,219KB

OrbxFTXAUYBCS120.....................1,215,961KB

OrbxFTXNZNZQN105.....................502,579KB

Thank you Ed

Thank you Jarred

Spinker

It will continue on installing to somewhere I dont know where.

It finishes and exits.

I dont know what is has done.

This is what I said in my original post.

The installation does not question where (your install to FSX or P3D, just runs does a full install

Version supposed to be v1.2

After install FTX Central still shows v1.1 dated June 11 2011.

Is there somewhere I could get an installer that would show screen 2?

Spinker

Hi Ed,

Just wanted to confirm a smooth, successful, installation of YBCS v1.20. In my case the installer works exactly as it should .

( spinker may be leaving something out ) you can't begin/continue the install unless you agree to the EULA, and then you are presented with a dialog for Sim selection and thereafter a review panel of the planned installation location.

My prior install was from  #FSS0102607 YBCS Cairns DVD v1.0  +  SP YBCS.110, in FSX environment

Because my DVD was an FSS purchase, I was allowed the opportunity to upgrade to YBCSv120 for free, and was subsequently provided the DL with a new FSS Order Number date and Key. #FSS0352509

Hello,

Sorry for the delay.

When I first ran the installation for FTXAUYBCS120 the unwrap procedure to a very very long time, it did not go through the normal screens including screen 2 which gives you the choice of where to install the program, now it does not want to unwrap at all.

In order to find what the problem might be I decided to reinstall the Triple Installer for Concrete Muni FTXNA3W5115 to see what would happen with a deifferent Triple Installer.

The reinstall went smoothly, all screens showed including the screen to choose 3 locations where the files should be installed.

So the problem does not seem to be with my computer.

My next choice will be to delete these 3 triple installers seen below and re-download them again.

Is there another location to get the downloads beside the Flightsim Store??

Are the file sizes shown below the proper file sizes??

Ed it will take a while to do this is there a way to get back to you with the results

OrbxFTXAUYBRM110.....................501,219KB
OrbxFTXAUYBCS120.....................1,215,961KB
OrbxFTXNZNZQN105.....................502,579KB

Thanks

Spinker

Hello,

Re-downloaded all 3 new Triple installers FTXAUYBRM110 FTXNZNZQN105 FTXAUYBCS120,

This time I used a different installer

All 3 files ran perfect all windows including option where to install files.

All files have been installed and upgrades noted in the FTX Central.

Apparently problem was with the original download.

Thanks for staying with me.

You can consider this RESOLVED

Spinker

Archived