Some great things about Takhli

VH-KDK

Most years I go to Thailand and we base ourselves at my step-son's house in Takhli.

I thoroughly enjoy my stays there and for me there are plenty of things I like about the place.

1.IMG_0338.jpg

Could be being on the main line to Bangkok which is fairly busy. Like railways as well as aircraft.

2.IMG_0342.jpg

Could be the Buddah at Wat Takhli

3.IMG_0368.jpg

Not sure if it is the cement works.

4.IMG_0435.jpg

There is that big Buddah statue again. Can see this for miles on the eastern side of town.

5.IMG_0457.jpg

Might be the Chinese Temple with the weather radar station clearly visible on top of the 800ft high hill.

6.mn.jpg

Definitely the night market in the centre of town. So many great Thai dishes to be had here!

7.IMG_424360105.jpg

For sure it is the RTAF base just 4km from where we stay. Plenty of movements here on week days but not easy to get close shots.

C-130H-30 is RTAF 60105 L8-5/31 dates from 1988. C-130s are seen doing circuits here most days.

Another great tour. Coincidentally, I'm watching a show on BBC called Bangkok Airport ("The Airport of Smiles"). Aside from some annoying passengers, the show goes outside the airport boundaries and gives the viewers a glimpse of the surrounding areas. The last episode talked about Thai food and the effects it can have on people that are accustomed with occidental food. It's an interesting show, although not one of the best I have seen. :)

Awesome shots and thanks for sharing. I have been through Thailand twice in my Navy career. Once through Pattaya and the other to Phuket, both were great times and I loved the culture there. I attached one photo of myself and my buddy Jacob that was taken as we were on a tour through some dense forest and vegetation.

P1010051_zpsa647927c.jpg

Archived