Maybe a paying customer can get an answer?

davevh

Hi

I am slightly miffed after being ignored about some simple questions I had concerning NZMF. I started a thread a little while ago, and I had a few follow up questions which I posted to said thread:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/90952-nzmf-scenery-airport-ai/?p=826503

I waited a few days for any answers for post number 6 about specific missing objects, and then politely sent a PM to Alex Goff (who had jumped in and presented himself) asking if he could take a quick look when he got a chance, and let me know what the issue may be.

He has not replied nor answered. Message sent on Jan 16. What's the point of messaging if I get no answer from one of your staff?

Could I maybe get a response from someone who is willing to help?

This is the first negative experience I have had on here, other people/developers have been generally helpful in the forums.

Thanks!

Hi Dave,

I'm sure Alex thought your question was answered according to your topic title in the other thread "NZMF Scenery airport AI"

As Nick has said above: FSX:SE has issues with objectflow.dll currently hence the missing features controlled by this .dll, as also stated by Alex's answer in the other topic.

Alex also said that there is no AI for NZMF because of the mountainous terrain surrounding this airport, and unknown if any AI is routed by the (Oceania) FTX AUAI pack. I can say I have not seen AI in my installation with both of these products for NZMF for the reasons of difficult terrain and routing crashes or mountain fly-throughs. 

The only question unanswered from the other thread is the Second question, regarding flashing water changing colour on Inland water bodies but not @sea. I have seen this condition myself which is a Z-order issue in the graphics for FSX (A known FSX issue) (I imagine this would be the same in FSX:SE). Usually happens when water settings are set @ anything higher than Mid 2X where reflections are present, but as you have noted only on inland water bodies and rivers. It could well be something to do with the narrowness of the river or terrain shadowing where the Z-order is sometimes in conflict as it only occurs occasionally I have learned to live with it.

I hope this is of some help to you.

Hi

I have been flying out of Milford sound add-on for a while now (FSX-SE), and there are two problems that I have in which I would appreciate some clearing up on.

First, is there any airtraffic AI coded into this airport? I know the objectflow.dll is a known issue with steam edition, and was wondering if that is why no aircraft are seen flying into or out of the airport? The screenshots on the website seem to show traffic. Seems quite lonely out there.

I have AU FTX AI installed, but that only seems to work out of the larger airports (I assume because the AI can't maneaver among the large "hills" at NZMF).

Secondly, when flying along the river SW toward the lodge, the water flashes between two different tones and loses detail. This happens on some of the other water inland, but never on very large bodies or out at sea. I am well aware of fsx.cfg settings that can affect this (BP=0 can cause this), but I have tried every combination to no avail (including using a stock FSX.cfg and an altered one).

I should add that this happens with or without Orbx scenery. No prior install of FSX disc edition.

Does this happen to anyone else? It seems like a conflict between layers or shaders is occuring. Turning down graphical settings (other than water) does not help, so load is not the issue.

Thanks for any insights!

Please don't open multiple topics for the same support issue.

As has been said, the question was already answered in your original post but I have elaborated on it there and will lock this topic.

By the way, this issue was already answered for you in the FSX:SE FAQ which I published over a month ago and specifically in point 3 address how Objectflow does not work and objects may not be displayed. As per our user guides, we always suggest reading the forums first and using the search function before posting a support issue. http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/89484-using-orbx-products-with-fsx-steam-edition-faq/

Archived