New ORBX Customer with an Issue - FTX EU England

PaulWilko10

Hiya

I recently bought a new PC, specs are:

Chillblast Fusion Hurricane 2

Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus Case

Intel Core i5 4690K Haswell Refresh Processor 3.50 GHz (Overclocked to up to 4.3GHz)

Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev 2 CPU Cooler

Generic thermal paste

Asus Z97-K Motherboard - Haswell CPU only

8GB PC3-10666 1333MHz DDR3 Memory (2 x 4GB sticks)

Chillblast NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2GB Graphics Card

1000GB 7200RPM Hard Disk - 6Gbps

24x SATA DVD+/-RW Drive

Corsair Ultra Low Noise 600W PSU

Onboard High Definition Audio

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Standard Chillblast Cable Management

5 Year Warranty with 2 Years Collect and Return (UK only)

Bullguard Internet Security - Free 3 Month Trial!

Windows Optimisation Service

17 in 1 3.5" Internal Card Reader

Now I know this is not top of the range, but is night and day compared to my old pc  ::)

So everything is a clean install

Installed is:

FSX - Acceleration

FS Global Real Weather

FS Commander

ACCU Feel V2

REX Essentials with Overdrive

Aerosoft Airbus A320 Latest Version

ORBX England

Trouble is I am getting odd squares of texture as per the picture. Any idea why this could be please?

The sliders are high in game, but not full.

Seems to happen with Default Cessna and Airbus.

Even with the airbus i get appx 50 FPS which I am happy with 

Any ideas please?

1977279_10152995151501397_56595428257321

I have done everything you say and no different

However, I am coming round to the idea it could be something to do with the Airbus A320 from Aerosoft

It works perfectly in non ORBX scenery areas but with the errors seen using ORBX scenery which Is why i thought it was ORBX. However, I cannot replicate with any other Default aircraft or the freeware Goshawk everyone raves about!

Anymore thoughts please

I have put this on Aerosofts forum aswell

Thanks

Paul

Hi Paul,

Liners add-on such AS Airbus or 7X7 PMDG hit your performances. The consequences are artefacts of texture in display. Blue squares with objects means your system was unable to show ground texture in time. You have to reduice your settings and tune your CPU and/ord graphic card. That also explains why you don't have that issue with light aircraft such as stock one ore Dino's Goshawk

Thank you

I agree with you, however, I lowered my settings to minimum to test that theory last night with no luck. 

Infact, one of the supposedly FPS hitters (water) I turned all the way down and the blue squares got worse lol

I need to look at this again and make sure my card is performing to its best.

I had no issues at all with the Airbus X on my 10 year old pc, but now i have a decent PC if not the best, I have issues even though the difference being its the latest airbus and using extra scenery.

I will report back my findings

Thanks again

Paul

It may be that windows 7 is starting to run out of virtual memory. This can be a massive problem if you have addon sceneries and other FSX addons which take a lot of resources.

I don't have much to report as down the pub lol, however before coming down here I checked the vas using process Explorer and the most I could get fsx to hit was 2.5 gb which means in theory I have 1.5 left if what I read is true?

Going to test the airbus x instead of the new version later tonight to see if that works okay

I also set nvidia inspector as per a tutorial I read about with no luck

What you are seeing here is, as Richard mentioned, a "Texture Artifact".

In this particular case, that particular tile of scenery was not loaded by the sim as it probably got sidetracked doing something else. Unfortunately, as you increase the complexity of addons (including scenery, weather and aircraft), it throws even more calculations at FSX and being that FSX is a 32-Bit program, it can only handle so much at any given time... if there's too much, it "skips" things to keep up... in this case, texture loading. Another thing supporting the "overload" theory here is your close up ground textures... they look a little blurry, and certainly blurrier than they should... This is another symptom of the same issue. 

If you pause the sim, you'll notice those tiles will load after a little while... in fact they will also load if it's not paused, but it takes some time.

this is a known "bug" of FSX... It's been around since day one. Are you running DX10 or DX9? A lot of people run DX10 these days as it tends to offload more things for the graphics card to do... DX9 still relies too much on the CPU which just compounds the issue.

One thing you could try would be to delete your shaders and FSX.cfg file... FSX will then rebuild new ones next time it runs. You may have to readjust your settings again, but it's always good to sometimes "start fresh"... this often cures some annoyances:

To do this, first delete your shaders. Delete both folders ("Shaders" and "Shaders10") from within the following directory:

C:\Users\<Your Name>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX\

Next delete the FSX.cfg file from:

C:\Users\<Your Name>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\

Then run FSX. 

If this still doesn't help, have you added the following to the FSX.cfg?

In the [GRAPHICS] block, add: HIGHMEMFIX=1

Without this in your FSX.cfg, FSX will not use all the memory that it can... this really is a must these days.

Hope some of this helps some... let us know how you get on...

I think I may have good news. More testing required but looks good so far.

The HIGHMEMFIX seems to be the saviour here, so thanks for that suggestion.

I took off from Gatwick, flew 3000ft for a while, inside view, outside view, pan around, nothing, all good. The only thing I did spot was a flashes of the blue squares but it went within a milisecond. So I assume the Memfix was sorting it out quicker, much quicker

This with my settings pretty damn high, not full but not far off and getting a steady 30fps at least

If this stays this way, i will be a happy bunny

Thanks for your suggestions and hope I do not have to come back and talk about this again :-)

Paul

I think I may have good news. More testing required but looks good so far.

The HIGHMEMFIX seems to be the saviour here, so thanks for that suggestion.

I took off from Gatwick, flew 3000ft for a while, inside view, outside view, pan around, nothing, all good. The only thing I did spot was a flashes of the blue squares but it went within a milisecond. So I assume the Memfix was sorting it out quicker, much quicker

This with my settings pretty damn high, not full but not far off and getting a steady 30fps at least

If this stays this way, i will be a happy bunny

Thanks for your suggestions and hope I do not have to come back and talk about this again :-)

Paul

Good to see you're taming the beast :)

Archived