Quest Kodiak

John York

Best £17's worth from FlightSimStore I've spent on P3D so far.  

Every version of FS catered for!    Hundreds of models and paints.  Floats or not,  service vehicles or Passenger or freight.

Brilliant handling, good GPS and instruments.

Love it!  ^_^

John

Greetings Ian,

John is referring to Lionheart Creation's Quest Kodiak. A great multipurpose aircraft and fun to fly. They're manufactured about 3 hours flight time north of here and there was actually one here at the airstrip (ID85) two summers ago. Probably here for the huckleberry ice cream. ;)

Respectfully,

Brian

Lionheart's Quest Kodiak is my go-to airplane.  I fly 90% of the time low and slow so I find the Kodiak ideal.  Although a 180 cris when you have to get somewhere in a hurry 180kts max cruise ain't bad either.

My other go-to aircraft is the Oz enhanced default Grumman Goose.  A remarkable job.  I use it when I have water landings to make.

Noel

The Quest Kodiak is a great bush plane, too. With its engine-reverse capability and STOL abilities, you can land it just about anywhere. Of course, that's what it was made to do--designed by missionaries for missionary pilots to get into the back regions of the world. For those who want an extra bit of authenticity, the Felts Field (KSFF) ORBX scenery package includes a labeled building at the east end of the field that is the training headquarters for the missionaries coming to Spokane to learn their plane.

Have any improvements been made to the float version? I was disappointed that the stock version had the floats half under water. I played around with the contacts points to make it look a little better but was still lacking in takeoff and landing performance. It jumped off the water during takeoff and dug the nose of the floats in during landing. I also had to disable the sparks effect for land operations with the floats.

If anyone is interested I did post the contact points changes I made on this forum about a year or so ago.

I might give it a go again. But I am well pleased with the land version.

Noel

Archived