Extraction Error

JMBIII

I have encountered an un-wrapping error.  I am trying to install NCA from the backup disc I received from 'The Flight Sim Store'.   It goes all the way until when it says "un-wrapping installer" and then after about ten seconds later I get  -  "extract: error writing to the file OrbxFTXNAGoldNCA100.exe".

This is a fresh install after I had to remove and reinstall FSX. All my other FTX areas, Austraila, both NZ, PNW,, Northern & Central Rockies, Wales, have installed with no problems. I have stopped inbetween each installation and run FTX Central and opened FSX. There is more than enough room on the HDD - >480G.

I have read other posts concerning the same problem and they do not provide a solution other than 'download again'.

I hope some one can suggest a fix. I do not want to have to sit through four or five hours of download. (Main reason I purchased the 'Delivery Option: Download with DVD-ROM'.)

NA Gold USA Northern California   FSS0270186

If you've the chance to read the DVD with another reader try it. Maybe use somebody else's PC and save it on a USB stick.

Spirit

Good idea!  I'll give that a try on my work PC later today.

I hope this problem isn't indicative of the DVDs one gets from The Flight Sim Store.  As I have ordered FTX Global that way to avoid the long download time. :unsure:

Yes, I defragged prior to and after Iinstallation of FSX. Also after installing all other FTX products and other AC and scenery files.

Contents of disc are the same format as FTX discs purchased before they stopped making discs and only provided downloads.

aaa_zps3accc922.jpg

Every FTX item I own installed correctly off it's disc and even Iceland installed properly.

Okay, I give up.   Northern California is installed.  I started the installer for about the fifteenth time and my wife called me to come to the kitchen as she had fixed lunch.

A bit later I came back to the PC and it was sitting there laughing at me waiting for a key press to continue installing NCA. I pressed the enter key and it continued on.

I hadn't changed anything between then and the previous two or three attempts. The only thing I can surmise is that it didn't want me watching while it unwrapped the installer. :D

#Holger - no C: drive only has 9G of space, the FSX drive has/had 480.

Thanks to all of you who provided assistance. I guess this post can be marked "ANSWERED??". :unsure:

Hi there,

good to hear that you've got in installed now. Keep in mind for the next installation that 9GB on your primary HD is very low. The NCA unwrapped files would have taken up about 4GB and it's possible that it took so long because the files had to be spread out over many different (remaining) disk sectors.

Cheers, Holger

Archived